Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

This is my first post on the new site. For the past two weeks I have realized that my coolant reservoir tank is losing coolant by the day. There are no cracks in the radiator or anything. People were telling me that it could be a cracked head or head gasket problem, I don't know. I was driving tonight and my engine temp started to rise again, I just made it home. I popped the hood to check the engine and noticed two things. There was coolant all on top of and on the bottom of my coolant reservoir tank, and also, I felt the two main thick hoses that the coolant flows through to the engine and the top one was hot (normal) while the other lower one was cool to the touch (not normal). This obviously means that my coolant isn't flowing properly throughout my engine, right? Do you guys think it's a bad thermostat? Or can it be a little more than that.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
432 Posts
You probably need a new radiator. If you have a radiator replacement it is recommended to replace the thermostat also.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oops, I misread that. I thought the coolant was all over your radiator. Still could be a radiator problem though. This same thing has happened to another vehicle of mine and it would overflow the reservoir tank the same way.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Blacura92ls said:
Hello guys,

This is my first post on the new site. For the past two weeks I have realized that my coolant reservoir tank is losing coolant by the day. There are no cracks in the radiator or anything. People were telling me that it could be a cracked head or head gasket problem, I don't know. I was driving tonight and my engine temp started to rise again, I just made it home. I popped the hood to check the engine and noticed two things. There was coolant all on top of and on the bottom of my coolant reservoir tank, and also, I felt the two main thick hoses that the coolant flows through to the engine and the top one was hot (normal) while the other lower one was cool to the touch (not normal). This obviously means that my coolant isn't flowing properly throughout my engine, right? Do you guys think it's a bad thermostat? Or can it be a little more than that.
Thanks,
Nick
Yes, I'd suspect the thermostat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts