Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Faster than yo Legend son
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would yall believe I just had 2 old dudes in my office talking about they didn't like legend and that he would smoke me in his mustang GT, and I told him I had a automatic and he thought that was funny.. laughing....

I told them the automatic in these aren't just like any other automatic...
then I told him maybe he need ot drive one and then he'd be through with his mustang.... his stang has no mods..
But itcame down to us being from different era's I'm 33 these old guys are in the 50's..

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
mustang will eat you, i think thats a given unless they are going to do some granny shifting. lol.

our legends are slow when stock. our auto tranny shifts slow and they're geared for economy. He won't change his mind after driving one, but he'll be amazed that and old car has less plastic than his lego car.

·
Premium Member
9,324 Posts
well i guess you can probably laugh back at them when you inform them that more than likely, you'll still outlive both of them :giggle:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
You'd only have a chance if:

1.) They don't really have MustangGTs, and hope they have V6 Mustangs....
2.) If it's an older mustang GT from the mid 80s to early 90s.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Bow down my friend. Mustang vs. Legend is equivalent to The Rabbit and the Turtle.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If you slash his tires, I bet you'd win.

·
Type I King
8,891 Posts
dude, u can own them. this is what u do, as soon as they smoke you(which they will) get a shot gun out, and start shooting out their tires.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dude, Dont Sweat it.

I took a Mustang GT about 4 months ago. He really got down on it to. It was an Automatic though. If it was a stick, I would not have had a chance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah well my buddy at work just put in some transplant 180hp vtec motor into his civic and wants to race me. He may win but i told him. "you know even if you win your still out classed and even if you do win it just proves my car is a little slower than yours". and your car is slow.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
dude

dude...u have to be more specific..

stall them a bit and be iffy, do research on make and year then at coffee and donuts put $20 on the race if u think u can, i would run a half mile though, but that wouldn't be on a track though......damn.

also, an 89 mustang GT i believe had 225 hp and 220torgue?? then factor in if its a convertible...which is like 2700lbs...and front bumper of my car was on rear bumper of his at quarter mile and both were sticks...more than once.

"if you win, you win, you have a mustang-a sports car....but if i win, then i win, and that wouldn't be saying much for your 5.0l V8 now would it."-swift

-my car was newer, but then again, he had the advantage...

-swift

·
Type I King
8,891 Posts
91LSMAN said:
Here is a crazy thought.

WHO CARES?

They have Mustangs. You have a Legend.

They have what they like, you have what you like.

Who gives a crap what's faster.

Want a fast car? Go buy one.

I'm done now.
DAYU MMMMMMM!!!!!

pat giving it to another forum member :bowdown:

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
hotstartup said:
DAYU MMMMMMM!!!!!

pat giving it to another forum member :bowdown:
I'm was not trying to be rude or anything.

I think that some people just need to accept the fact that they drive a 3500 pound car with 200-230 hp at the crank.

There are some people on this forum with faster Legends, good for them, they are trying to be different-I can respect that. Anyone can go buy a fast car.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
mustangs are for those lackin penile size...or the whole aparatus

the V6 is just a joke...point blank

1 - 20 of 36 Posts