Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so f#@*ing pissed off they tried to steal my coupe they broke my passenger door lock and my ignition was jammed in they couldnt take it I guess cause I have 2 alarms activated and i had the Autolock put on dam it was right in the middle of day i left my baby for 3 hours (went to see the Mets loose) came back and this happens dam this sucks. Now the car wont start cause they screwed up my ignition and they cut the wires to the siren. Im just glad they didnt ripp into my interior. Who knows how much is gonna cost to fix all that stuff.... sorry for the long post I had to vent this out , Hope none of you guyz have to go through this, it sucks to see you ride messed with

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
1MrCruZ said:
Im so f#@*ing pissed off they tried to steal my coupe they broke my passenger door lock and my ignition was jammed in they couldnt take it I guess cause I have 2 alarms activated and i had the Autolock put on dam it was right in the middle of day i left my baby for 3 hours (went to see the Mets loose) came back and this happens dam this sucks. Now the car wont start cause they screwed up my ignition and they cut the wires to the siren. Im just glad they didnt ripp into my interior. Who knows how much is gonna cost to fix all that stuff.... sorry for the long post I had to vent this out , Hope none of you guyz have to go through this, it sucks to see you ride messed with
Its a good thing they didnt get the car. I HATE to hear that, I really do. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where was this? At the Shea parking lot?! That really sux to have happened on broad daylight. Alarms help to the point till they cut the wires to the siren/horn. Get a hoodlock, so they can't gain access to it. If they can't turn off the siren, they'd most likely move on without causing more damage.

·
2,873 Posts
Wow I guess Im not gonna be driving the Legend to any more shea games. But then again i never did, its always the 7 train for me man! Save $$$ on the parking and timein traffic. Good thing they didnt steal it but looks like you get a headache on year hands. New ignitions are expensive

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx for the support

well took it to my acura guy and he 's telling me the igniton and door is gonna run me some big $$ but after I read the posts and talk to people Im glad I have my coupe safe and sound ... I Difinetely will get a hood lock I actuallly took some picks of the damage but i dont know how to post em. I actually left my car near the fresh meadows movie theatre and jumped in ma boy'z bigger lincoln nav so we could all go comfortable that was my stupid ass mistake. well my baby lives another day

thanx for letting me vent fellaz

ONE

Mets in 2002

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dude that sucks..........

But man Dealership? hell no don't go to no dealership!! not for an ignition go to your local salvage yard. man check out junkyarddog.com or go to yahoo and type in salvage yards. You will actually get junk yards sending you estimates on what they will charge you for one. About the door. sorry for ya don't know what to say. Whatever you do. Good Luck.

G

·
If your deductable isn't tooo much you could charge it to your insurance company and get all brand new parts, if you have theft protection...if you said you needed a new door and ignition, if you get an iginition from a junkyard you would have two keys for your car, I'm pretty sure the dealer would be able to get one for your existing key or replace all locks on the car...that's where the money comes in. I say insurance, that's what I would do...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
junk yard not a bad idea

well I $1000 deductible im hoping the cost to repair is a lot less. I have a Acura/Honda mechanic but its not at a dealership he has his own shop. But i will check junkyard dog to see if there are any good deals. As far as a hoodlock any speed shop should be able to install it im assuming . thanx guyz

One

·
Registered
158 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear it. My legend got vandalized about 4 months ago...

Thugs threw a rock throught my passenger window and stole my 108 CD wallet...

Dumbasses...if they had popped the trunk...they would have seen $4k in stereo equipment. I think it was my alarm that saved me....I also have a backup battery, hood pin, and backup alarm. I would like to get airhorns hooked up to it though...I want it to be OBNOXIOUSLY loud.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel you inferno dam you got lucky, the 1st thing they did was pop my trunk. so far the cost on parts alone is $400 the ignition switch wcylinder pasenger door cylinder and new color keyed door plate (goes around the handle) and for the hell of it i ordered my driver side wheel well cover (mines was messed up) dam that Met game was expensive..

One

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, I got very lucky. It cost me $100 to replace the window from a dismantler, and I have all of my CD's backed up on my computer...so I was only out the $20 for the case, plus the cost of about 100 CD-Rs and my time. I have a 12 Disc changer also and a CD visor...so all of my favorite CD's were still there...I really lucked out.

It's just sad that people have to do that to other people. I worked hard to purchase this car at 17 and put money into my stereo and CDs...some people are just too lazy to obtain things for themselves...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts