Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read and responded to Acuraboy who stated that his brothers ride got stolen! This is bothering me right now. Does anyone know of a good aftermarker alarm that could help keep thieves away--I mean I'm sure viper, python, and clifford are great but I want to literally "shock" the hell out of a thief. Maybe a real python? A cyber dog or better yet a killer cat or something! I wish everytime I would go inside for the night my car could be covered with cement created a huge cement block and with the push of a button my car can be ready to drive fresh all fresh and shiny and ready to drive!!!:rolleyes: Any ideas or have heard of any "underground" detourances. Even if I had to mod like crazy atleast I can sleep at night!!!!Help!!!!:eek: :eek: :( :eek: :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
auto taser for $199

Then go get some "The Club" stickers and put those on it. when they touch it (not thinking about the auto taser) they'll probably bail.

get that and a decent alarm and you'll be all set.

option 2 is get a gun and sit up and watch your car all night.

·
Registered
702 Posts
definitely the auto taser...cuz it'll zap the sh*t out of any criminal who gets near the steering column or the stereo...very very useful and $200...of course you also need another alarm in addition, but alarm by itself is b.s....plus you should also get the auto brake club if you really want more protection or don't wanna mess with the auto taser for fear of shocking yourself...cuz the auto brake club is very hard to remove...steering wheel one is b.s. cuz all they gotta do is cut through your steering wheel....alarm by itself is not enough cuz cutting some wires is all it takes

best combination:
auto taser & auto brake club & some aftermarket alarm with starter disable feature....lojack is okay too but problem is by the time you realize the car is stolen and report it for them to track it, very well may be too late and car already stripped apart and never be found

another possible thing i've heard of from friends is hooking up a bunch of car batteries in the trunk with metal rod or something of that nature so whole car will shock the hell out of anyone who touches it, but VERY VERY dangerous and illegal and can easily hurt or kill you or other innocent people....NOT RECOMMENDED :D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Can anyone confirm the auto taser? I mean it sounds a bit fantasy how it works, i'd love to have something that would do that, 50,000 volts shieeeeeeet that'll leave a rhino imobolized, Now the car shocking thing i like Just the thought of someone touching your whip and it shocking them sends shivers down my back....Thats something i would pay top doller for, the hell with warning them or anything, touch my whip and get the shock of your life....HEH HEH that'll leave anybody thinking twice about trying something on some other car........I NEED THAT

·
Registered
238 Posts
luvmylegend said:
auto taser for $199

Then go get some "The Club" stickers and put those on it. when they touch it (not thinking about the auto taser) they'll probably bail.

get that and a decent alarm and you'll be all set.

option 2 is get a gun and sit up and watch your car all night.
Im with Luvmylegend on option 2. On the real, I rock heat, And I know from first hand experience, Its works... Luckily I dont have to stay up and watch my ride all nite, I let my electronic eyes do that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hmmm

If you really want to go underground, get the flame thrower deturrent.(no Joke). I saw it on tv and is only sold in S. Africa. Basically you have a fourth( or third peddle depending on stick or not) that when you press it , it releases flamable gases w/ a spark under the driver door that emits a high power flame. YEAH BABEY!:D Just rig it up to be set off when the door is being broken into. It can even blind you from feet away. Of course there is a possibility you cauld install it wrong and blow up your car.... nahhhhh. :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
stick some Yugo emblems on your car hehe...when criminals see what it is they will never come near it!!:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
i saw on discovery channel an alarm that would seize the brakes emit a colored gas(your choice:) ) and would tell them to get out. it would give them three warnings and if they still were in the car it would shock them. cant remember how many volts but enough to hurt i am sure. it was pretty sweet looking. but really your best alarm system is a good insurance policy. put an alarm on there that just makes annoying noises to keep the honest thiefs away and then if the do do anything just call insurance. thats what i got anyways hasnt failed yet!!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I'd be interested in the auto taser but does anybody know if there is any other place I can look for it at so I can get some more info?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Re: Hmmm

GreenLegend said:
If you really want to go underground, get the flame thrower deturrent.(no Joke). I saw it on tv and is only sold in S. Africa. Basically you have a fourth( or third peddle depending on stick or not) that when you press it , it releases flamable gases w/ a spark under the driver door that emits a high power flame. YEAH BABEY!:D Just rig it up to be set off when the door is being broken into. It can even blind you from feet away. Of course there is a possibility you cauld install it wrong and blow up your car.... nahhhhh. :p
Yeah i remember seeing that on 20/20 or something, that sh!t was Gansta, the dummy got fried in an instant:cool:

·
Registered
655 Posts
ur probably worse off with auto taser,

cause they will be pissed and fook ur car up as revenge,then or later. I would just do alarm . and catch him in act and find out who he is, where he lives and fook him/or his stuff up at a later time so u won't look suspect.Or you could kidnap his first born, whatever u prefer.:D

·
Registered
702 Posts
hmm....best thing to do then is get auto taser and one of those hidden cameras set up in your rear view mirror that activates once car alarm is turned on...that way you can get the evidence you need such as pictures of the fu*ker geting shocked in your car and you don't have to worry bout revenge cuz you got him on tape.

all those ideas about guns...only problem is you gotta be there to see it happen...now if you park your car at night not too close to your house to hear the alarm going off to run out there or park in an underground garage of an apartment building like i do...gun is useless...unless you get the alarm that notifies you when car is being broken into by paging you...then you can run out there and kick some a.ss.

i have seen the auto taser in some stores and heard from people that it works really well and will not activate unless it is properly locked in place on steering wheel and activated with a transmitter. i have a brochure for it that i got from a car security store one time but i haven't found any real useful or helpful info on the internet about it. just go for it.

my car was broken into a few months ago and i was uninsured at the time and my weapon-r intake along with my whole stereo system and subs were stolen so i was out a lot of money. i had a viper alarm at the time but that by itself is nothing...all it took was busting a window, popping the hood, and cutting a bunch of wires and disconnecting the battery to shut the alarm off and then they had all the time in the world.

it's hard to try to get a stereo out or steal a car when there is something in the way that will give you a constant electric shock when you touch it so i believe it is really good to have auto taser. i have auto brake club now and viper alarm with a few backup batteries, along with factory alarm (both alarms have starter disable)...make sure you have hood pin set up with your alarm cuz sometimes places you go to get alarm installed to a half-a.ss job and don't set it up right, also make sure your alarm wires are not so obvious (the connection to the battery under the hood) and also backup batteries are hidden.

YOU CAN NEVER MAKE YOUR CAR COMPLETELY SECURE...THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS MAKE IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE FOR CAR TO STEAL AND BREAK INTO, BECAUSE TIME AND NOISE ARE A CAR THEIF'S WORST ENEMY!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ok guys I'm going to take you to the hood tell you how the G's do it in South Central

Tasers will get your car smashed up wit a hammer cause they're ticked and so they have to make up for no getting what they want.

Running out side at night to your car not knowing who or how many if with guns, is plain stupid.

Alarms are wack..

Clubs are wack..

And anything that can cause harm to the thief can possibly bring harm to you latter, or if the thief is a rebel nerd he may try to sue you, its been done.

So what's a cheap sure way to protect your car...?

You got Pit Bull....just put some plastic down.
Lysol in the morning. That's how the Baller's and G's protect their 64's wit switch's in the hood. That way the punks will keep steppin. Mind you this is primarily done when their cars are parked at stores/friends house/Malls etc. At their homes people just know better than to touch them.
Anyway,
You have your noise (bark) warning sticker (Pit) Taser(Pit bites) and automanic detaining system (Lock jaw) Legally nothing can be said except that the thief was just plain stupid.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reno G is my boy!

His plan sounds like a plan it's just too bad that Pit Bulls have to s-hit and p-iss. The best security device on the market! Lay the plastic down and your good! True what he said on revenge as well. I know if a thief got shocked the hell out of he won't be interested in taking anything from you but his new hobby would be focking your ride up!:eek: Maybe in my next life I'll live in a thief free world. If there were now thiefs I would do everything to my car without fear of having it takin'. It's a shame though...not in this life

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the weak point of the alarm set up is the fact that one can bust the driver's side window, pull the hood release, and clip wires, then we can figure out how to galvanize that weak point enough to make it not worth the effort.
I was thinking that adding an extra step to releasing the hood would be the simplest means. In theory, a custom install of a waffer lock (like the ones in the doors) keyed to match the car's main keys on either the main hood release switch or just in the grill somewhere would be fairly effective.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i agree with Reno...nothing can stop a determined criminal with enough knowledge and experience...one thing you can do is never give your real address where you park your car at home to whatever shops you guys go and get stereo or alarm installed, because many times these same people that do the install are responsible for breaking into your car and stealing all the stuff back!!! cuz they already know how the alarm works, what to cut and what you got in it so it is very simple...trust me i used to work at Best Buy when I was in high school.

and if i was a car thief and saw got shocked or hurt while breaking into a car, you bet that car would be destroyed one way or another!

but you can't just leave your car without anything because that will open up the way for inexperienced thieves or joy riders...you don't wanna see your car in a police chase on tv being driven by some joyriders...trust me! :D

do what you can and try to be creative and you will greatly reduce chances of getting jacked, but never be able to be 100% secure.

i don't know bout getting a pit bull or any other dog like that cuz if a thief really wanted to get your car...they'd simply shoot and kill the annoying barking dog and that means no more loud barking...without having to cut any wires.

just do what you can and have INSURANCE! don't do like me and wait to get insurance after your car gets broken into cuz then you'll be out lots of money...and if your whole car is stolen...ouch! you're out a lot. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
THIS IS A RESPONSE TO TUX!!

No No No No No No!!!!
That is a big mistake some people make by putting a key lock on their hood release or making it harder to pull latch to pop open! Big no, especially if you care about your hood. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people who have had that have their hood forcefully pried open with screw driver or anything like that that ends up really damaging your hood and very costly to repair. Making it harder to open is not solution cuz the harder it is to get in your car, the more damage that will be caused to it. The same goes for cars without a simple trunk release switch...I've seen the back seats of cars get torn apart with knives by criminals to get to what you have in the trunk...they literally rip out all the cushioning in your back seat if they can't get to it...and that's VERY expensive! My car was broken into one night along with two other cars all with expensive stuff in them...the only one that didn't have a trunk release switch got torn apart to get to the back! So no Tux, I gotta disagree with ya on this one.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts