Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about trading it in for 93 Lexus ES300. This guy liked my 91 Legend Coupe LS and want to trade. Is that a good deal? His car seems in pretty good cond in & out , No tear in leather and paint looks brand new but its got 199,000kms 20,000 kms higher then mine. I just fix my Legend with the heating problem but still sometime its starting to come back. Im thinking its the HG. I really love my Legend but its been costing me alot already. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you in Japan?? My Brother's Girlfreind went there and took alot of pictures of different kind of cars. Theres a nice skyline right by her house and farrari :eek: She told me Japanese likes to drive american and europeans car??? What up with that?? I got this remote control car thats very small it can fit into your hands.

Later

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Van. Legend said:
I got this remote control car thats very small it can fit into your hands.

Later
This has got to be the most off-the-wall-out-from-left-field comment I've ever heard on these boards.

LOL!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
no ES 300 came with manual.

I think it's not a bad deal. The Lexus ES300 is a very reliable car. My friend had one, and it was really smooth and quite. Has all the luxuries the Legend have, standard climate control, dual power seats, fog lights, leather etc. You might loss a bit of power of style, but in the long run, the ES300 will probably last you longer. My friend owned the Lexus for almost 5 years, and haven't spent more than oil changes to maintain it. While I've pump thousands of dollars in repairs for my legend in the 2.5 years I've owned it. But I heard if the Lexus do break down, it's expensive to fix too. But Lexus service are known as one of the most courtious around. A lot better than the "We don't give a sh!t about an old car attitude that acura has". So getting raped thru the a$$ at Lexus dealers won't feel as painful as getting raped at the Acura dealer, it will hurt your pocket equally.

I say go for it, it's a good entry luxury cruiser to have.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WhiteLegend thank you for your honest comment. The engine is very smooth like you said. Its also got a factory cell phone and cd changer but I didnt like the 4 door sedan. It also got the tilt sunroof that our car doesnt have. Does it have a power seat like our Lengend? Im gonna miss not having to slam the door on the Legend coupe. Right now Im thinking very hard but I have until saturday to think about.

Joes3030 I'll post some pics of the smallest remote control car when I buy Digital camara.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
If yo get an ES300 get a new one. My sister has a 92 ES300 and it is not that good compated to the Legend. You have to go at least mid 90s or later 90s than it is a good car. My sisters ES300 needed all new engine mounts, window regulator and other things. The feel of the older ES300 are just not that luxurious compared to the newer ES and Legend. In the older ES, it really is just a rebadges Camry. Now, the ES is a big nitch above the camry though even if it uses the same chassis and engine.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not for nothing I have a 92 Legend LS Sedan and a 93 ES300 133,000 miles. My ES drives rather smooth no major problems just some minor stuff. In regards to repairs it is way cheaper than you think. I say keep your Legend and just buy the ES300 and get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
154 Posts
no ES 300 came with manual.
I worked at a Lexus dealership last year and it turns out that in the early 1990's Lexus produced a 5-speed manual for both the SC300 and the ES300 (although they were rare). From time to time, an ES300 5-speed would show up for service. I've driven them, and don't worry -they in no way compare to a Legend 5/6-speed.

None the less, before you take the trade, take a step back and re-evalueate the virtues that make the Legend what it is. After being smoked by a lowly Integra, I immediately wanted to sell my Legend and get a Eclipse GSX and pimp it out. However, in the last few days, I've grown to appreciate the refinements that I over-looked pervioulsy and now couldn't be much happier with the Legend

If you subjectively compare the two, you'll realize that the Legend errs more on the side of sport whereas the ES300 is a good unassuming luxury sedan.
It's all a matter of opinion, but if you want the most reliable, bullet-proof car possibly ever made, get a 1990-1993 Lexus LS400
(Sorry about the long post)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Van. Legend said:
WhiteLegend thank you for your honest comment. The engine is very smooth like you said. Its also got a factory cell phone and cd changer but I didnt like the 4 door sedan. It also got the tilt sunroof that our car doesnt have. Does it have a power seat like our Lengend? Im gonna miss not having to slam the door on the Legend coupe. Right now Im thinking very hard but I have until saturday to think about.

Joes3030 I'll post some pics of the smallest remote control car when I buy Digital camara.
yes, dual power seats are standard on the ES300

·
Registered
423 Posts
TRADE THE LEGEND !!!!!! TRADE THE LEGEND !!!!!!

FOR ANOTHER NEW LEGEND - UPGRADE! LoL

Latin............. You should really keep the car or get another legend, I hope u do :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Don't trade. Don't get caught up thinking a Lex is better.

And Yes it is true Japanese love cars other than Japanese models, like us huh?! Anyway my mechanic and neighbor has 2 Ferrari's a 512 TR and a F355. I envy him. Must be nice. High money cars are everywhere here. Straight across from the bases main gate there is a guy that has a Bentley, (2) Rolls Royce, a few American cars (camaro and Mustang), a couple of Japanese race cars (skyline GTR and a celica), plus he has a Ferrari F355 also. When you got it you got it , HUH?!!?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.