Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am kicking around the idea of adding remote trunk release to my Legend. My Alarm was professionally installed and I will probably have the same shop do the trunk release. Separately, how much should this cost-I have the Viper 300esp.

The reason I want this is I am always walking to my trunk, sometimes with my hands full and it would be nice just to push a button.

Any ideas or suggestions or price estimations are welcome.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It should be relatively cheap, I can't remember exactly how much mine costed, since it's been about 8 years, but all they have to do is tap into our factory trunk release with one of the aux output. I say about $30.00.

If you want too the installer can also pigback the factory security into the aftermarket system. I did, this way I have two alarms.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
TYPEII,
do you know how the aftermarket and oem alarms can be connected to work together?? i have afermarket and it does not work together with my oem, i can only use one or the other.

if i arm with my aftermarket using the remote, and open with my key, aftermarket alarm goes off.

if i arm the oem, and open with my remote, the oem goes off.

how to fix?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Actually thats more of a security measure than having them both work in union so if some one disarm your aftermarket the OEM will catch them and or vice versa, just a pain for you I now.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
TYPEII,
do you know how the aftermarket and oem alarms can be connected to work together?? i have afermarket and it does not work together with my oem, i can only use one or the other.

if i arm with my aftermarket using the remote, and open with my key, aftermarket alarm goes off.

if i arm the oem, and open with my remote, the oem goes off.

how to fix?
LEgEnD4LiFe,

My installer hooked up the OEM to one of the aux of the aftermarket (Clifford) so it works something like this; The aftermarket is the main security system, I can turn on the OEM with a second button when I want to, a second led light was installed to tell me that it is on. I can turn them both off with one button.

If someone opens a door, hood, trunk then they both go off, oem horn and aftermarket, very loud. If someone sets off any of the Clifford sensors then only the Clifford goes off-Windows, perimeter etc....

If I arm the oem first and then arm the aftermarket, it too works, the aftermarket alarms locks the door, which are already locked via oem, so no trigger is set, then again one button for disarm.

·
#108 of 144 pairs
133 Posts
Adding the trunk release should only be an extra $30 for the auxillary relay, but you might be hit with another labor charge:mad:, it just depends on your installer.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
TYPEII said:

LEgEnD4LiFe,

My installer hooked up the OEM to one of the aux of the aftermarket (Clifford) so it works something like this; The aftermarket is the main security system, I can turn on the OEM with a second button when I want to, a second led light was installed to tell me that it is on. I can turn them both off with one button.

Great concept :) However, I believe they could to that with your Clifford because you have all those extra AUX outputs :) Most of the other alarms people are citing only have 1 or 2 AUX outputs at max. The already use one for the trunk and the other usually goes to remote start.

I know exactly how they installed yours I believe and I am pretty impressed with the creativity. The AUX negetive output was hooked to the OEM arm wire. That allows you to arm the OEM alarm independently. Then I believe they used the unlock negetive trigger to not only unlock the doors, but also tapped into the OEM disarm wire to disarm the OEM alarm. Since the unlock usually happens when you disarm the aftermarket alarm, it disarms the OEM alarm at the same time. Or something like that :D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
TYPEII said:

LEgEnD4LiFe,

If someone opens a door, hood, trunk then they both go off, oem horn and aftermarket, very loud. If someone sets off any of the Clifford sensors then only the Clifford goes off-Windows, perimeter etc....

If I arm the oem first and then arm the aftermarket, it too works, the aftermarket alarms locks the door, which are already locked via oem, so no trigger is set, then again one button for disarm.
Exactly the way my installer explained it to me after he hooked up my after market alarm (Viper ES600) and my OEM horn alarm. Sounds pretty unique too, thats what I like about it. Being able to turn off both with the remote is nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.