Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LAST night i went to the gyn for about 30 minutes. When i came back out, my lights were flashing but no horn.. as i approached my vehicle, i noticed that the door was ajar. i was in a rush and figured that i didn't close the door all of the way.

Well, when i went to start my car and put it into gear it would not go....so i put my key in the release thinking that i had to reset something. NOPE didn't work either. After 15 min...i just said screw it and drove home. When i got home and backed into the garage, i noticed that my brake lights were not working also. So i repeated all of the steps, checked fuses and all of the accessories. Everything was fine.

Hummmm..

On the way to work this morning, my cruise no longer works, nor does my hornnnnnnn..

PLEASE HELP

:mad: :mad:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Simply replace the horn fuse. If the horn does not work, and the shift interlock does not work as well, then the horn fuse is blown. If the horn does not work, the shif interlock will not release the shifter. The horn fuse is in the under hood fuse box I believe.

·
OG Member
1,496 Posts
Yeah the fuse is under the hood. Similar thing happened to me. The horn didn't work, I couldn't shift out of park, and the cruise control didn't work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i replaced the fuse under the hood and I was happy again. Then i hit my horn and it blew the fuse again!!!!

Do i have a short somewhere or do i have a bad horn????

NEED HELP

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Gomel said:
LAST night i went to the gyn for about 30 minutes. When i came back out, my lights were flashing but no horn.. as i approached my vehicle, i noticed that the door was ajar. i was in a rush and figured that i didn't close the door all of the way.

Well, when i went to start my car and put it into gear it would not go....so i put my key in the release thinking that i had to reset something. NOPE didn't work either. After 15 min...i just said screw it and drove home. When i got home and backed into the garage, i noticed that my brake lights were not working also. So i repeated all of the steps, checked fuses and all of the accessories. Everything was fine.

Hummmm..

On the way to work this morning, my cruise no longer works, nor does my hornnnnnnn..

PLEASE HELP

Sounds kinda supicious..........Are you sure YOU left the door open? I don't know about you but from the way it sounds (might sound kinda scary but...) someone popped the lock, set off the alarm, popped the hood and maybe cut the horn wires. Thus shorting out the fuse. I guess I watch too much Matlock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts