Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruzin home from work tonight when I saw my buddy sittin' in the parking lot near the lake in our community. He drives a 98 GTI VR6 Drivers Edition, and he just got $7000 worth of body work done to it. New paint, rear body kit, front kit, and jetta conversion headlights. Anyways, he is totally into cars and so are his friends.

I spun around and went in to see him. He has never seen my car up close yet. So I pull up and we start talking and his budy (he owns a 95 talon non-turbo:rolleyes:) leans out his car and says "is that a 24 valve?" I said "yup". So he says "its auto though right?" "Nope... its a 6 speed"

His eyes lit up.... he ran out of the car and leaned in..... "No way! I have been arguing with my friend and he says there is no such thing as a manual legend.... now I have seen one!" He was so excitied he phoned his buddy right up and rubbed it in his face.

He was in awe over a manual v6 Honda... he was asking me to rev it up and that....creamin on the roll down rear windows.... creamin on the clean engine...... creamin on the 6 speed again...... creamin on my deck....... creamin on the leather.... creamin on the manual V6 honda again....

Here is the funny part.... some people have no clue....So he says
"This must be all VTEC?"
"Nope"
"NO!....OMG......You know you should put vtec in this thing, all you need is the chip. My friend who has the fastest civic in Calgary has a SOHC 4 banger, all he did was the chip and he got VTEC...."

I tried to refrain from laughing.....

"How are you going to do that man?" I asked
"Man.... all you need to do is re-program your computer and you have VTEC... its that simple!"

Then he says "You should turbo this too...... awwwww man.... a 24Valve V6 with Turbo.... that would be nutz!"

I swear this Kid had a hard-on for my Car...... I though it was funny. I didnt bash him or anything because he was totally cool about it.....

:)

G

·
tell him that it does have a variable intake system....ohhhh also tell him about the TT that gary has.

this guy with a a vtec chip....he is more into the German Imports I'd say since he has a GTI

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Cool Cool, If you really wanna make him wet his pant, roll your rear quater windows down. That still freaks people out around here sometimes. They thinks its broken sometimes.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stratoknight said:
tell him that it does have a variable intake system....ohhhh also tell him about the TT that gary has.

this guy with a a vtec chip....he is more into the German Imports I'd say since he has a GTI
Its actually his buddy with a SOHC older style civic. He says he has VTEC in it.

Cakedaddy.... I rolled down the rear windows and he jizzed too..... then he did again when I showed him the automatic door closing feature..... gotta love luxury!;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
that's a downside of black paint.. all those white stains from envious ppl are really evident.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL Dude..... Thats why I like the lighter colored interior.... it masks the stains a bit better...:D .

I got more comments on my ride this weekend too..... I pull up beside this guy in a nice looking ranger, and he rolls down the window and says

"Nice Ride Man! Now I know that is a fast car..... should never have bought ford..."

And I had to taxi these two chicks around for a bit, and they were both like "wow.... this legend is soooo nice"

I was like "yeah and so are your knockers...err.... I mean eyes":D .

I was talking to another guy the week before about my ride and when he saw it this weekend, he said he never pictured it to be that nice...... some people have no idea about the legend do they....

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Mckenzie93 said:

Its actually his buddy with a SOHC older style civic. He says he has VTEC in it.

Cakedaddy.... I rolled down the rear windows and he jizzed too..... then he did again when I showed him the automatic door closing feature..... gotta love luxury!;)
It could still have VTEC. My 94 SOHC Civic EX has VTEC in it. Not from a chip though, but from Honda factory :)

G

·
See this is when I wish I would've gotten a 6 speed...to think McKenzie, we'd have the exact same car!! Gotta love the light interior...;)

·
#108 of 144 pairs
133 Posts
so Mckenzie...

how's ya clean up ALL THAT CREAM???

sounded really messy and nasty ;)

j/k man, only tru heads know the rarity and novelty of the Legend :D

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ChrisK said:

It could still have VTEC. My 94 SOHC Civic EX has VTEC in it. Not from a chip though, but from Honda factory :)
I did not doubt that it had VTEC with a SOHC.... but I was a bit leary when he said..."all he did was put a chip in and he got VTEC". Sounds fishy:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GoldenCoupe said:
See this is when I wish I would've gotten a 6 speed...to think McKenzie, we'd have the exact same car!! Gotta love the light interior...;)
Yeah that would be cool.... the only thing is that my car wa originally a different color. It was originally cashmere metallic silver. Then buddy painted it this color. The only thing I dont like about the light interior is that the stains/dirt show much easier...

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve91LS said:
so Mckenzie...

how's ya clean up ALL THAT CREAM???

sounded really messy and nasty ;)

j/k man, only tru heads know the rarity and novelty of the Legend :D
It is nasty... I seem to be getting alot of that lately.... actually, it works good as a leather conditioner if you run out of lexol:D.

I am so joking... :p

G

·
It seems like as our Legends get older people seem to be more and more impressed by them. I can never pull up next to someone who may even be somewhat into cars or some girls and not get stares or comments. You gotta love it to when people are like.... so.... is that a 2001 model, hahahaha :D. I just reply yes it is, and it has a 500whp Turbo engine. The other day I was parked in a parking lot on the main strip in kirkland Wa talking to one of my friends and everybody that walked by would stop or just stare it was great. We were talking and like 6 guys walked up and I noticed that they were checking out my car, but me and my friend just kept talking. About 2 min later, I realized that they were still there so I stopped talking and turned to them, and just said yes? The guy says to me, so are you trying to sell this car? :). I just laughed and said it depends if you have a lot of money or not.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
I can relate to SpeedDemons story. This past weekend I took my girldfrieds daughter (16yrs old) out to the local Fast and Furious illegal street races around mid night here in town. And as I pull into the parking lot with all the euro civics, accords, mustangs, camaro's, etc... I heard a few "WHHOAAAA's as I pulled in. They were very curious about the car and had questions. I had the back 1/4's down and everything. Straight flossing on a Saturday nightis what my girlfriends daughter said!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Twin Turbo V-6

Referrring back to the first posts and putting "turbos" on the Legend Type II engine - I recently rode in an Audi S4, and it has a twin-turbo V-6 along with (I think) a 5-speed (hey, not everybody can have a 6-speed!). The horsepower is "only" around 250, but the torque curve is prodigious, above 250 for quite a wide rpm range (the GS has a mere 206 lb-ft).

Anyway, I was totally unaware this car existed - it's another well-kept secre! The 17" rims don't do much to give it away. Anyway, the drawback is that it's a lot of technology and a very high price for a car with a mediocre reliability record, so I prefer my GS all the way. But it's still handy to be aware that the GS isn't the only game in town, although it is the best, IMHO...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts