Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here a while and this is one of the best posts I've ever seen here. The dialog between the person with the problem and the person helping is an example of what makes this forum great. Thanks to Greylegend for all the help I've received just reading all the searchable posts! And thanks to this forum.

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37032&page=1&pp=30

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I don't have a problem lending a hand.

What the thread doesn't show is that we started to instant message afterwards and I traced his problem down the ignition somewhere and kept telling him to check the ditributor and rotor. He changed wires and finally relented to checking his cap at which point oil poured out. Afterward replacing the seal, his TDC went south and that was replaced with a used distributor. What Johnny did not do was clean his solenoids. Months later he reported having his tranny slamming into gears and intermittent shifting. He had searched out a tranny rebuild and was prepared to drop $1700 on one. I again urged him to check his solenoids and cleaned them out. That done, his G1 was running well again.

In return Johnny has also helped me install two remote keyless entry systems. I was close to the point of giving up but he also kept giving me the directions to progress. He also influenced me to dust off a set of my Sony components on the shelf, amp and subwoofer and install them.

Great forum! Chuckee98 is also an excellent contributor as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.