Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just get this kind of intake that hooks up to the OEM part? Sorry, I know nothing about intakes...James S was selling a short looking intake a while back...Is this that kind in the pic? Is there any difference in performance betweent the longer intake and this short one? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
There's probably not much noticible difference between this setup from an complete aftermarket setup. The most important part of the intake is the filter anyway.

That's just a makeshift version of a aftermarket intake, for people who doesn't want to shell out the big bucks.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
By looking at that, I can only think of a couple of things. Much like you port N polish the heads, I figure the air wouldn't flow as smoothly into it, not sure if it makes much if any difference for an intake though. Other than that, the looks, and durability is the only other thing I can think of.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Probably not a good idea. It will work, but there is probalby too much interference in that setup IMO. A regular intake is cleaner as far as the air flow goes...its like *almost* but never enough...i.e. "the lil engine that could". I think you will THOROUGHLy enjoy the sound of an intake alone and you will see what I mean. Take you for a ride when I come thru there, Matt = couple of weeks

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Just get an aftermarket intake because it looks as if the airflow on that setup will not give it all the power that it deserves. But you can try it out and see if it works for you.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Matt.... I have one of those for sale from my 91 sedan. It just fits right into the end of the stock tube.... no messing around. The pipe is chrome and it was only used for like a month. The guy who bid on this has not returned my emails on this one either and it has been a few days... I will give it to you for what he would have paid for it, $37 ($26+ $11 for registered, traceable and insured shipping) including shipping. I will give him until monday... let me now if you are interested. There were other bidders on the item, but I would rather give it to a forum member.

Cole:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts