Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts

·
Renaissance.
3,001 Posts
AAAAAAHHHH what you know about the Typhoon and Syclone!!!

MAN i saw a Typhoon the other day, dude knew what he had too! Had the HIDs in it, CLEAN Stock wheels and everything! It was black too!

He rode by some girls but they didn't even give him a second look :rofl: Goes with the territory i guess.
What's not to know about the truck that effectively started the fast truck competitions of the 90s? That truck is clean, and fast. Forget hauling payload, those were built to haul @ss! That 0-60 time I quoted? That's in the rain. 'Nuf said.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
A few throwbacks I have not seen in a while. I have owned all of these at one time
'71 T-bird with 429 thunderjet engine. For a big boat it hauled a$$ (ina straight line)

'78 T-bird- first car I ever owned.

'86 Omni GLH. I had an '84 non-turbo and it was still fast. A friend of mine had the GLH-S shelby version with turbo intercooler. Many might laugh at a red light, but would not be laughing for long when they saw this go cart leave them behind.

'72 Gran Torino Sport- I owned one of these fom '88 until 2002. Should have kept it I suppose. 351C engine was awesome

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes- the GLH stood for 'Goes Like Hell'. And so it did! It handled like mad too. I remember it outperformed the Corvette in that era in the slalom.

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,934 Posts
MoisTiCaL thanks for posting the older z my mom had one and i see one every day at the auto cross even though its suspension has collapsed

EvilRed92Legend good call on the SVX those things are soo cool to bad they are only automatics

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
I remember a few cars out handling the vette in the slalom in that era, the GLH was one, the CRX, the suzuki swift gti, and I beleive the del slo...I mean sol did too. It makes me feel old talking about cars in that era, Im only in my early 30's too!
theres nothing slow about a DOHC VTEC del sol!

·
Registered
90 Posts
MY old drift project in cali before i moved to shitty PA....

Then the car i one day wish to own or just drive at least a 72 Toyota celica

·
Registered
420 Posts
Several of my cars that are really rarely seen these days, in order of appearance:

1973 Olds Vista Cruiser (my first car, had a factory sun roof, paid $35 for the car:

1975 Buick Electra 225, free from a neighbor, 455 cubic inch beast, 8MPG, same color and wheels, 2 door as well, but mine had 1/2 vinyl top:

1978 Honda Civic CVCC, 1500, real wood steering wheel and shift knob, same color and all:

1982 Olds Cutlass Ciera, originally diesel, built 2.8 Chevy V6 and converted, first transverse front wheel drive diesel-to-gas conversion in Cleveland, OH:

Now, THIS was the start of an era for me, an era for Honda, and a car you really don't see often anymore... the 1982 Honda Prelude:

Then, my best car (and still missed) EVER, and again, not seen often in the midwest, my 1988 Honda Prelude Si:

5 years later, I kept that and bought one of these, only to sell it 3 months ago, my 1997 Honda Prelude (and again, not often seen in these parts):

(and I just noticed that this guy's car above, has the wheels on the wrong way. These are the wheels for the LEFT side)

The rest, just Legend history. :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Gotta love that Electra! I knew a guy in highschool who had a '77. You could fit the '78 civic in the trunk of that Electra. A friend of my father's had a '75 Pontiac Grandville coupe with a 455 in it, factory dual exhaust. I was a teenager at the time and really wanted to get that car..unfortunately he traded it in.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Gotta love that Electra! I knew a guy in highschool who had a '77. You could fit the '78 civic in the trunk of that Electra. A friend of my father's had a '75 Pontiac Grandville coupe with a 455 in it, factory dual exhaust. I was a teenager at the time and really wanted to get that car..unfortunately he traded it in.
this kat who dates my cousin he has 225 coupe and i showed him a drop top 1 and he's on a mission to get the drop! and he only 23 lol.

·
Registered
476 Posts
this is by far my favorite car of all time. i WILL own one. no matter how far i have to go, i will own one of these

my favorite supra the mkIII, the last year of supra just looks too big!
[/QUOTE]

81 - 100 of 105 Posts