Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while driving at 100mph on a road that bares to the left I heard a rythmic thump that went away when I straightned out the wheel.

(WTF do I....) have the makings of.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Front-end or rear-end noise? Could it just be you CVs? Maybe a sway bar mount that is a bit loose? Steering rack? (that would suck)

I've got a left hand turn problem... on an left turn, the faster I go, the louder the thumpin is from the rear. No noise from regular bumps, only on left turns. I'm thinking it's the sway bar.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I am not sure if this is what your sound is, but my dads 92 legend had this noise, only when veering left at highway speeds. It sounded like bass, like someone had pulled up next to us with a car stereo, and cranked the subs. He took it to Acura and the noise could not reproduce itself.... I think since he got his new tires it has no done it again.... I would not think CVs as they usually reproduce there noise at lower speeds.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: YEAH!!

freakaftr8 said:
What is that?? I get that same sound too??
I thought I was gettin' shot at one night the first time I heard it, I ducked and almost crashed, hella funny:D
LOL funny guy! :p

Latin................

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: YEAH!!

freakaftr8 said:
What is that?? I get that same sound too??
I thought I was gettin' shot at one night the first time I heard it, I ducked and almost crashed, hella funny:D
LOL funny guy! :p

Latin................

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
koper187, my apologies for not being specific.

The sound appears to be coming from the driver side front.

See, I'm here trying to diagnose my problems early and fear that I will have to wait until the problem gets worse to acurately pinpoint the problem.

Mckenzie91, had to laugh my arse off because your analogy is spot on. That thumping sound does sound like someones bass. Ive heard it twice now only "when veering left at excessive highway speeds." I've tried to duplicate the prob up to 60 / 70 / 80 - on the same straight away that veers to the left - with neg results - but sure as carrots are orange (will explain) when I'm up to 100 or better and start veering to the left, there is that damn thumping.

my reference about carrots being orange comes from a arbitration hearing I was a joyous part of because in a meeting at work I said "sure as day, like white on rice" and someone in the meeting took it out of context and thought that statment was racial. so, now I say orange on carraots, green on celery, brown on peanuts.

Anyways, I agree that if the cv joints where about to crap the bed wouldn't that thump exist at all speeds and sound greater on a increased radius turn?

freakaftr8, I'm going to have to pull out the sway bar, cause I dunno this animal. Does the front suspension have this?

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I will give my dad a shout for you and see how he made out. I know that was a couple of years ago. I think it was at about 90km/h... and 130km/h that it would happen.

"Like white on Rice" being racial.... i dunno why... I think someone is a little to over sensitive;)

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
What you are hearing is more than likely an inner CV joint on your LF axle. Get the car on a rack, check all of the boots for tears & leakage and check for play in the axle---there shouldn't be any. A refurbished axle will probably run $300 installed. Good luck---

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey man, I wanted to get back to you guys about the thump!!!
I just checked my factory strut tower bar and I found it loose on the driver side!!! I think you guys might find this to be the same problem!!!

Good luck!
Latez:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts