Acura-legend.com banner

Meet at MOA?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to gather interest: MOA Meet. (NALM '09?)

This is something I've been toying with since 06 when I signed up. Here in lovely little Minnesota, we have the famous Mall of America, largest shopping mall in the USA. As such, it has a very large, very nice parking structure, the top level being open to the sky and sunshine. I was up there the other day trying to chase down a MOA official/big-wig to ask about "renting out" the top level of the structure to host a car club meet. I explained about our Acura's, the type of people of this community, and how it would be wonderful to host a meet here at the MOA. I then asked about if grilling, games, etc. could be permitted upon this top level of the parking structure. The lady wasn't able to give me any answers, claiming a decision like that went beyond her power, so I'll have to make an appointment to see her higher-up about all this.

My question to you folks is:

Is there any interest in having a meet hosted at the Mall of America? I was thinking this summer sometime, or maybe even hosting NALM there in coming years? I'd be willing to do all the business means on this end (getting permission, establishing rules and events, etc.) if people thought this was a good idea.

As far as things to do goes, there's shopping, of course (wife brownie points!), and grilling, as I mentioned. Perhaps some sort assortment of games that can be played on concrete? There's a huge Ikea store right across the street, which seems to garner a lot of interest. There's lots of restaraunts both within the mall and around it as well.

This is all just off the top of my head stuff, but if anyone has anything to add, please share. Let me know if it's worth dressing up to meet with the MOA official!

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
Ahh I wish I could but too far for me.. I wish I was an owner in time for NALM 07. I no doubt would have been there for sure.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm asking you all to see if it's worth taking the valuable time of whoever is in charge there to discuss using their facility.

If three people say they'll come, well, we'll huddle in three empty spots off to the side and revel in our lonliness.

If there's genuine interest here, I'll spread the word to local import clubs as well, and see if we cant fill that parking ramp! :p

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those looking into whats in the area, here's a snip directly from the MOA website:

"What's Happening in the Area
You can easily spend several days enjoying the rich variety of stores, restaurants and attractions at Mall of America. In addition, the area offers an outstanding array of sports, theaters, parks, nightlife and other activities to complement your visit to the Mall. For example, take a relaxing and tranquil walk in the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge only minutes south of Mall of America. Or, have fun any time of the year at the Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area Disc Golf Course just west of Mall of America in Bloomington.

Minneapolis, 15 minutes from Mall of America, was named "the most fun city in the United States" by Cranium Inc., maker of popular board games. The fun-city rankings are based on things such as the area's professional teams, restaurants, shopping malls, boat ownership, theaters, toy stores and the amount of sports and recreation. According to the Cranium report, "Minneapolis has more theaters than Boston, more parks than Denver, more golfers per capita than any other city in America - and with 10,000 lakes, Minnesota has more coastline than California, Florida and Hawaii combined."

Light Rail Transit service now provides convenient and inexpensive train service between Mall of America and downtown Minneapolis.

Following is a sample of the many activities offered in the Twin Cities and Minnesota to suit every age, taste and interest."

More and LOTS of links here:
What's Happening in the Area

·
New Legend Member
48 Posts
im down for it i live in South minneapolis

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
no need to really gain interest.

NALM will be chosen like it was this year.

except everyone in the country who has a location for NALM inmind will have to submit a bid for that city.

we're not chooseing east/mid/west b/c that didn't work so well.

I'll be placing in a Chicago bid......

·
KA8 Legend Killer
452 Posts
I could do Minneapolis or Chicago cause I live in Wisconsin

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
no need to really gain interest.

NALM will be chosen like it was this year.

except everyone in the country who has a location for NALM inmind will have to submit a bid for that city.

we're not chooseing east/mid/west b/c that didn't work so well.

I'll be placing in a Chicago bid......
Exactamundo. All of the bids will be reviewed by the NALM Planning Committee and a winner will be chosen from those bids. This process is already being discussed by the NALM committee with dates & qualifications to follow.

Bribes of a sexual nature and OEM cornering light sets are accepted.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Bribes of a sexual nature and OEM cornering light sets are accepted.
/\ I'm not sure what to think of that SR, this forum is mostly men :eek: :giggle:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts