Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, registration is up, and you can do it online before April 12th and the cost is $35. After that, you have to register at the event and it'll be a little bit more.

Question: Should we all register under 'Distinct Legends' like we did last year? The more people we get, the better chance we have of getting a canopy I think to cover some of our stuff up.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if we get something like 25 members we get certain free things for the event. DaveC ??

Once we confirm on 'Distinct Legends' or whatever it may be, I'll go ahead and register.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Legendary Legendz

Since we just started the tri-state chapter of this club, i think we should register under this name. i was going to make the announcement at the bear mtn meet but i guess i'll do it now.

All those interested in joining this chapter, please email me at [email protected]. Those in the NYC area have already joined so for you guys outside, email me so i can get an email distribution list going.

dmenn, let me know what you think. thanx.

i think davec is heading up the dc area. is that correct dave?

-j

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
See my 2 previous posts on Carlisle. I don't think many are going this year by the lack of response.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
See my 2 previous posts on Carlisle. I don't think many are going this year by the lack of response.
Dave,

I been kicking this idea around, I might join you guys.

How long of a ride from NYC to Carlisle? Can make this a one-day event or do I need a room?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
MC_ said:

Dave,

I been kicking this idea around, I might join you guys.

How long of a ride from NYC to Carlisle? Can make this a one-day event or do I need a room?
I'd guess about a 4 hour drive, depending on traffic and speed.

An old fart like me would be really tuckered out if I did it all in one day (and I'm only 2 hrs away). Friday is primarily a vendor setup day. Saturday is the main day with sunday being a bit quieter.

What I do every year is go up early friday morning and get my registration done (online stuff only gives you a confirmation #, they have to classify your car and give you your paper work). Once done with that I scope out the parking location and park then walk the vendor areas. Then it's back home and rest up for saturday.

Remember this is the 2nd biggest show on the east coast, so expect big registration lines on saturday. Gates open at 8 AM.

My advice would be to get a room for at least saturday night and try for friday and saturday if you can get the time off.

Any you pukes going want me to do up some sort of Lunch?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Hey dave I'm going. Not sure if I'm going to stay over sat night but i'll be there.

We should see who else from the NYC is coming.
I think that Nickd and Jose3030 are also going.

If your planning on going post here so that we can get an idea of the turn out and start thinking about where to meet other.

Esti

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i'm almost positive i'm goin. so do we agree with "legendary legendz" as the group name?
let's get the name out for the northest chapter.
-j

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I just registred under "legendary legendz" - all ready to go

Esti:D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
sounds good. i'll do the same.

esti and all others in the tri-state area, email me u'r contact info so i can set you up the chapter's mailing list.
also, i'll be printing out business cards for the chapter sometime next week. i'll probably print everyone who joins a few to pass around.

-j

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Just registered with Legendary Legendz as well. come on guys, let's try to get some more. i'll be leaving from NYC so anyone else who wants to go can roll with me and whoever goes.

-j

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just registered .. Legendary Legendz it is ..

DaveC, what was the name of the place where we met up last year ?? I think we should plan on doing the same thing this year .. I think we met up around 8 - 8:30 at the Carlisle meeting point, correct?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
dmenn said:
DaveC, what was the name of the place where we met up last year ?? I think we should plan on doing the same thing this year .. I think we met up around 8 - 8:30 at the Carlisle meeting point, correct?
In the past we met up at the Mu Carlisle Mall. It's right at the intersection of I-81 and Pa. 34 on the south side of Carlisle. From there it's a 2 mile run into the fairgrounds. Check the directions site at www.carsatcarlisle.com for a map layout (DC directions).

Come on you Tri State and DC Metro guys! Let's show the "colors". Leon (and company) can represent Atlanta.

I won't say don't use "Distinct Legends" for a club name but that was Mark Yuen's creation and he has "taken his ball and gone home" (i.e. no longer actively involved in the Legend community). DC Metro folks are encouraged to use "Legenday Legendz DC Metro Chapter" for a club name. Tri State folks, well it's your call.

After April 12 I'll make an attendance call.

PS: Leave the guns at home folks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:

I'd guess about a 4 hour drive, depending on traffic and speed.

An old fart like me would be really tuckered out if I did it all in one day (and I'm only 2 hrs away).

4 HOURS :(

I'm an old fart and I don't think I can do it all in one day...Unfortunately that's all the time I have away from the family....

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey, don't forget me guys! hahahha!!!!!!!, what name then? no one in New England area!!!!!, that sucksssssss.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Hey Alex hoepfuly you'll be on time this year. Ohhh yeah and make sure you wash your car before hand :D

Hey nick will you be leaving from rockland or from u're parents house. ohh and bring along your two friends- They are cool guys.
Can't wait to see u guys there?

Esti

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nick, yep, most probably the same Mc D is the best place!

And Esti, I will wash it before! hahhahah!!!!!!!, as long as I don't have to drive through rain again like last time.

Hope to see you all there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts