Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when i bought the car, i had no idea when the last timing belt change was done. SO, i need some pointers to help me tell if i need to change it or not. what should i look for and where.

this is just a pre-caution i guess. my car is fine, im just scared that i need to change it soon?

·
Registered
315 Posts
FYI,
When Diaz changed my TB/BHG/WP/etc...he saved my timing belt becasue the freakin thing looks new...still has the honda emblem on it... if you want it i will let you have it for cheap + shipping... would like to see it go to a good home and not just hang in my garage for 75K miles...if your interested...
regards!

·
Yeah BABY!
970 Posts
It's good to get it done especially if you don't know the history.. I had about 20k left on mine I think. I did it when my water pump went bad.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
definitely get it done if u dont have any prior history reports on ur ac. u may also want to get the timing belt changed and maybe even ur head gaskets and be worry free for the next 100,000 to 150,000 miles if u decide to get a new tb...

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
FYI,
When Diaz changed my TB/BHG/WP/etc...he saved my timing belt becasue the freakin thing looks new...still has the honda emblem on it... if you want it i will let you have it for cheap + shipping... would like to see it go to a good home and not just hang in my garage for 75K miles...if your interested...
regards!
not trying to disrespect or anything, but i strongly advise against installing a used timing belt. its too much of a PITA to install, and not that much money for a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.