Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
DIY=Approx. no more than $300 (Include OEM tensioner,H2O Pump, & TB)
ASE Shop=Approx. $700-$800 ($760 was what I was quoted at a shop that specialized in Honda/Acura)
Dealers=Stealers (Stay away at all cost. Only go to when you need and have to have OEM parts, seals, gaskets, etc.)

· Registered
264 Posts
EnriqueC. said:
Why so much difference i wonder??
Automotive shops will always be crooks. Get to know well good friend or cousin who is auto tech so you won't be rip off.

I took my legend to do a BHG test. I made it clear to the shop, I do not want any guesses, "maybe you need to replace this and that." That is how ICEMAN(BHG DIY) end up cursing at the shop. lol
I waited to see if they will recommend I replace the thermostat, water pump, etc. But the guy was good, honest, and very knowledgeable.

· Registered
72 Posts
EnriqueC. said:
Why so much difference i wonder??
Because Dealership = Stealership. There is nothing more to say about it. You don't need the dealer to rip you off on stuff like that. Another example: EGR Pipe clean. Dealer wants $330 I did it for a mere $20 (in carb and choke cleaner and 2 gaskets) and it wasn't hard. I got my TB/WP done with a guy I really trust for $550 (but I was stupid and didn't use OEM parts like I should have but I still used good parts, actually they were almost the same price). But if I had to do it again, I would have paid the guys at the Specialty Honda/Acura Shop $650 and got everything done. They did my friends 99 Accord V6 for $650 with a tranny service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.