Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the SEARCH just now under tints and I saw some but not enough of what I wanted to see. First in CO I believe it is legal to tint your windows 35% all the way around (with the exception of the windshield ofcourse!) Anyways does anyone have pics of 35%? I am considering going 20% ...Will cops be going to easily tell 20% from 35%? I don't mind chancing it for all those who like staying legal. I would prefer the darkest it gits but that's just asking a cop to give me a ticket in CO!!!! Can someone post pics of 20% and 35%. Is 3M tint any good???? A guy at a local shop quoted me $210. This inclueds the $60 to strip of the old "purple" tint on the four windows and the back. He said it would cost $150 for the tint on the four windows and the rear. The way I bought the car has 20% on the rear and rear back windows and 35% on the two front windows. He said the new tint would be noticably darker compared to the old "purple" tint. Anyways can you guys please post pics and or suggestions!>?!?:D

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
mine is 5% in the back (limo dark) and 20% up front............i live in NYS and i HAVE been pulled over once but they usually only pull you over for a reason, like if you make them suspicious or do something stupid to give them a reason to check you out.
i ALMOST broke a red light and took a right turn on a no turn on red intersection, but then i backed out lol............he saw it and he said he was trying to see the driver and he couldnt because of my tint, and he pulled me over.............he let me go tho, i alwayz get the good cops hehe:p

btw my tint looks really nice according to everyone. 5% and 20% is a good combo...........it looks dark all around and you can still kinda see inside the front............at least the outline of the person lol..............anyway you can get pulled over tho..............btw NYS law is 70% is the legal tint limit!!!

sorry i dont have a dig cam so no pics yet...........

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Legend"11 said:
I did the SEARCH just now under tints and I saw some but not enough of what I wanted to see. First in CO I believe it is legal to tint your windows 35% all the way around (with the exception of the windshield ofcourse!) Anyways does anyone have pics of 35%? I am considering going 20% ...Will cops be going to easily tell 20% from 35%? I don't mind chancing it for all those who like staying legal. I would prefer the darkest it gits but that's just asking a cop to give me a ticket in CO!!!! Can someone post pics of 20% and 35%. Is 3M tint any good???? A guy at a local shop quoted me $210. This inclueds the $60 to strip of the old "purple" tint on the four windows and the back. He said it would cost $150 for the tint on the four windows and the rear. The way I bought the car has 20% on the rear and rear back windows and 35% on the two front windows. He said the new tint would be noticably darker compared to the old "purple" tint. Anyways can you guys please post pics and or suggestions!>?!?:D
In Colorado 35% is legal limit. I have friends that have limo tint. I am getting limo tint from a guy I know. In a legend I do not believe we should have any problem with darker tint because of the car we drive. My friends have had problems but the police where after them for other things such as bulbs being the wrong color and the kind of car they drive with bodykits and wings and whatnot.

Anyways, I do not believe the cops would be a problem, and if a cop does pull up next to you, just roll your windows down. I also have to get the old purple crap taken off. My car has two different levels of darkness on each side of the car because of the previous owner getting different kinds of tint. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
woah it's 35% in Colorado?! damn. it's 70% in NY which makes no sense. Who in the right mind would get 70%? that would defeat the very purpose of getting tints in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Legend"11 said:
Can someone post pics of 20% and 35%. Is 3M tint any good???? A guy at a local shop quoted me $210. This inclueds the $60 to strip of the old "purple" tint on the four windows and the back. He said it would cost $150 for the tint on the four windows and the rear.
** $210 is reasonable, considering he must peel off and not hurt the rear defroster at the same time. Given that you are in CO and I assume temperatures are typically not above 60 degrees, depending on where you live, it will take longer for him to take it off without hurting the rear defroster. If the tint is already 'purple' and bubbling, etc... most likely the windows are extremely dirty from the glue that was put on for the previous tint. This also takes time. Make sure he cleans the windows real good! I've seen tint put back on on some not-so-clean windows and though it shouldn't cost you add'l money to fix it, it just takes too much time out of your day and so therefore you get :mad: !! **

The way I bought the car has 20% on the rear and rear back windows and 35% on the two front windows. He said the new tint would be noticably darker compared to the old "purple" tint.
*** Yes, he is correct. It depends on how long it has been purple, because even on Limo Tint, eventually the pruple will fade to a lighter shade of purple due to sun degradation.

Take a look at my two cars, well I only have the Legend now, but I also had a Prelude. Here are both cars - 90 Prelude & 94 Legend

Here's the configuration for both:
- 90 HONDA PRELUDE SI ALB - Llumar Tint
- Line of Tint: Titanium Series <Semi-Reflective Look>
- 14% in the Rear
- 33% in the Front
- Previous Owner had 5% Limo DYE - turned Purple & Bubbly on rear ONLY. I went to a high-end shop, so it cost almost $400+, it wasn't worth it, in my opinion, but least now I can say I experienced a high-end shop.
- 94 ACURA LEGEND L COUPE - SolarGard Tint.
For this car, I used two different lines of tint. One line was Quantum and the other line was High Performance.
- Line of Tint: Quantum & Titanium Series
- 19% in the Rear [Quantum Film]
- 33% in the Front [Titanium Film]
- Approximate Price (Remove & Reinstall Tint): $250.
- Previous Owner had 20% Pure DYE on Front & Rear, too dark. The Quantum Film cost a bit more than Titanium (pure Titanium Tint all the way around would've been $200).
You'll have to forgive me for the 94 Pics, they don't show the tint as well, but if you are still interested, I can take pics again!

Don't be fooled. The Titanium series name used by both Llumar and Solargard are NOT the same looking set of tint. The Llumar looks similar to a see-thru mirror, but the Solargard looks more like a standard Dye Film with Metallic properties.

The Quantum Film series is a newer and more improved series over Solargard's own Titanium series, but the Solargard Quantum Series is similar to the Llumar Titanium Series.

Inside looking out from the Legend, the Quantum Series is a Purple Shade, while the Titanium Series is a brown color, but on the outside, it all looks golden/brown.

All the tints that I've used on either car are metallic filled. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON PURE DYE FILMS, THOUGH THEY ARE CHEAPER, ALL THEY ARE IS ... DYE ... THEY FEATURE NO METALS IN THEM TO REFLECT OR ABSORB UV RAYS/LIGHT/HEAT. IN ABOUT LESS THAN 3 YEARS TIME, I CAN GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL FADE AND YOUR CARE WILL LOOK LIKE :eek: .

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: Re: TINT--PLEASE POST PICS OF TINT!..is 3m any good>>???

infinite said:
Anyways, I do not believe the cops would be a problem, and if a cop does pull up next to you, just roll your windows down. I also have to get the old purple crap taken off. My car has two different levels of darkness on each side of the car because of the previous owner getting different kinds of tint. :rolleyes:
If u spot a cop and you are paranoid, then do that. But, if he's already beside you, most cops don't notice these small things, unless you have something flashy on your car, or it could be OEM, but it's a new and rare automobile in that area [or it's a flashy color].

Act calm and cool, because as soon as he [the cop] suspects that you are acting strange, he'll pull you over for any and everything.

One thing though is true, you could roll them down, just hope he's not noticing. I know one time, a cop waited at a light with me, but when it turned green, it was about 10 seconds, before I realized he wanted me to go first and then he nabbed me! :( That was back in the day when I tried to get away with 20% Semi-Reflective Tint from Llumar on my 4-Door GS-R Teg.

ONE MORE THING: I SPOKE TO A CHP OFFICER OR TWO SOMETIME AGO AND HE SAID THAT AS LONG AS THE TINT IN THE FRONT AND THE REAR ARE DISTINCTLY AND OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT, MOST CHP WON'T CARE IF U GOT TINT IN THE FRONT.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tint, Tint, Tint

I know but can you see in at all with 35% and 20%???I don't want no one to see in at all!!! Besides it would be great if me and my girlfriend could just pull to the side shut the car off and hit the back seats without fear of anyone knowing what we are doing!!!;)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Tint, Tint, Tint

Legend"11 said:
I know but can you see in at all with 35% and 20%???I don't want no one to see in at all!!! Besides it would be great if me and my girlfriend could just pull to the side shut the car off and hit the back seats without fear of anyone knowing what we are doing!!!;)
You need 5% for that. My friend has something like 15% and you can still see inside.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: Tint, Tint, Tint

Legend"11 said:
DURING THE DAY -
With the FULL-MIRROR LIKE tint, no one can see inside up to 33%. With the SEMI-MIRROR LIKE tint, no one can see inside up to 25%. BUT, of course, you got some headlights or some flashlights, it's easy to see in any TINT level.

DURING THE NIGHT - Even 33% non MIRROR LIKE TINT can't be seen, unless they put their head up to the window.

EVEN IF YOU GOT TINT on, they'll still be able to see if anyone is inside, just by the fact that it's FOGGING UP INSIDE!! :D :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
Given that you are in CO and I assume temperatures are typically not above 60 degrees, depending on where you live,
-It was 75 yesturday, but 30 today. My last car was tinted at 20% all around, but the shop wrote me a receit stating that it was 35%. Maybe you could try that. My Legend is 35%.

·
Registered
327 Posts
True titanium tint (suggested retail price for our cars is $500.00CAD, average from 4 shops). Had it for four years and did not fad and you could see PERFECT out of it,(cheap tint is like someone spary painted it on) and I would still have it, but last year when my dad got a ticket (went to Florida and left him the car $110.00) and then 1 month later I got a MAJOR ticket from some punk cop who wanted to be an xxx. Nailed me for my rims (said they were sticking out 1 inch from the fender- BS, clear corners and the tint, but man I could swear his partner was checking out my ride as if she wanted some :D ) When he was done I got MAX fines for all of above with a grand total of $1010.00. so the next day the tint went BYE BYE

anyways here are some pics with the tint 5% ALL ROUND BABY:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Dawk said:
-It was 75 yesturday, but 30 today. My last car was tinted at 20% all around, but the shop wrote me a receit stating that it was 35%. Maybe you could try that. My Legend is 35%.
I know a couple of people who will do less than 35% tint under the table.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any of you Colorado owners know if mirror tint is illegal here? I am going to be re-tinting my windows soon and dont want the cops harrassing me. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Eye Candy said:
and then 1 month later I got a MAJOR ticket from some punk cop who wanted to be an xxx. Nailed me for my rims (said they were sticking out 1 inch from the fender- :D ) When he was done I got MAX fines for all of above with a grand total of $1010.00.
So, there's a law that if your rims are out 1" or more, then you get fined? WTF? Then if I moved to Canada, I'd be way out of line, mine stick out, cuz the offset is +42 and they are 18x7s.

·
Registered
655 Posts
can you post more pics, a

banel said:
In Atlanta, 35v is the limit but I have 20 all around. So far so good, they really don't care much where I usuallyy drive around. I'll take it to 5 soon.
I got a black coupe to and thinking of going 20 all around, also what brand do u have and do you have any pics from the inside looking out, I hate getting in and out of tight parking spaces and Im fine with 35 but dont know if 20 would be too hard to see at night/rain. and it doesn't help that the legend is as long as a bus either.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts