Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was thinking of a bronze tint on my green legend after i saw the bronze on an ivory infinity j.30 this weekend. i thought it would accent the tan leather nicely.

so its between normal, blackish tint or the bronze (both would be a lighter, more transparent tint... i don't need trouble with the cops in SC!)

thoughts? comments? suggestions?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I think that you'd be much happier with the black tint. Most certainly not bronze. Reason I say this is because bronze tint looks good only on certain colors. My GS auto is cashmere silver, and bronze matches it very well, but for my GS 6-speed, I'll be tinting it black.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics

additionally, how do the %'s work? anyone have any pics? i don't need anything as dark as limo tint or anything....

·
Registered
368 Posts
i don't have any pictures but i can tell you how dark it is; i have bronze on my sebring and it looks pretty good if you do the 20% on it, which is the lighter tint. if you godown to like 15 or12% it looks to dark for the car and makes t look "awkward"

at the least go with 20%, also the name brands don't really matter unless your going to go with chrome tints, which i personlly think looks hideous on coupes (no offense to anyone on the boards)

but;
20%= dark to the point where you can see somewhat decently in during the day, and barely at night, also i think it blocks out 73% of heat waves ? (somewhere around there)

12% (or 15 as we have where i am)= probably as dark as you want to go, it somewat darkens the view looking out of your windows, but not teribly. it dose block people from seeing in quite nicely duringthe day as well. at night, its basically impossible to see inside your car. refracts about 86% of heat waves

5%=limo tint,don't even bother, its harder to see out of. also it is more prone to to "warp" <lack of better words> because it reflects i think approximately 97% of heat waves, and 95% of light

whatever you decide though, get a warentee and/or a guarentee.
if you live in south florida i know a couple guys that are a lttle pricy ut give you a lifetie guarentee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts