Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm getting ready to get my legend coupe tinted and i was curious what you guys paid for them and what percentage of tint you got. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
$320 for 37% front, 13% rear. Its the good Ti/Al stuff that won't fade, bubble, etc. Did it in San Jose at the same place I took my Integra.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thats a lot, i have a friend who says he'll do it for $85, but now i'm wondering if thats cheap stuff or not.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I got 50% bronze tint all around on my coupe.... it cost me $210 CDN (~$140 US). I got madico tint... its supposed to be good stuff... warrantied for life.

I also got scared away from a guy who said he could do it for $150..... seemed to cheap.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
danger69 said:
wow thats a lot, i have a friend who says he'll do it for $85, but now i'm wondering if thats cheap stuff or not.
Hell yeah, that was alot. 320 bucks. A shop here gave me a quote of $110 all around on my G2 Coupe 5% , 20%, 35% , whatever I wanted. I got 20%. Even gave me a 3 year warranty. He uses 3M tint materials. He's been tinting for a long time. So, not a fly by night place. I guess it depends on location too. It varies !!

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
50% bronze on the 4 windows, and 35% on the rear. $150 Llumar film. Not sure about other brands, but most of the places around here were using Solarguard film, that offered lifetime fade warranties on all of their films except bronze, for which the only offered lifetime peel and bubbling or something. Found a place that used Llumar which carries a factory backed full lifetime warranty, including fade, on their bronze tint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
most places around here will do the legal limit for 140 bucks with a lifetime warranty or if you want it a little darker it costs another 20 to 50 bucks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey LegendGS, whats the name of the shop in so cali?

Hey LegendGS, whats the name of the shop in so cali?

i have a black legend sedan, im thinking of doing 55% in teh front and 35% in teh rear...(tinting the front is illegal in cali so gotta keep it light up front)

btw, in bay area, cali i was quoted 220-250 for 5 windows. Every thing seems cheaper in LA.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The shop I had it done at (KoolTint) is no longer around.

There's a place in Burbank called Auto Toys that does Llumar, and one in Rosemead called Kar Tint (or something like that) that also does Llumar. The one in Rosemead doesn't do bronze though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it seems to me that almost everyone has bronze tinting. i was just gonna look into black tints, i like that look. my legend is white so black will probly go a little better. i don't know what to do because my friend is gonna have this guy thats supposedly very good hook me up with tints on all windows for $85 but now i'm wondering if i should go somewhere else, cuz everyone is saying 140+ for good stuff.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
IMO, bronze tint only looks good with very few colors. My car is cashmere silver, so I went with bronze because it matches the car very well. Most other colors do best with black.

Find out what kind of film he's using, and what kind of warranty is offered. Llumar is not used by many tinters anymore because it is more expensive than most other films, but it has a factory backed warranty that covers any defect regardless of whether the shop that tinted the car is still in business.

·
187 Posts
removing tint...

Anybody know a reputable shop in the Bay Area where they can remove my factory tint? Its warped and nasty, but i don't wanna risk getting my rear defrost messed up... Anybody have an idea what i should expect to pay for the removal? thnx...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: removing tint...

mfjonny said:
Anybody know a reputable shop in the Bay Area where they can remove my factory tint? Its warped and nasty, but i don't wanna risk getting my rear defrost messed up... Anybody have an idea what i should expect to pay for the removal? thnx...
Better make sure your defrost works afterward. Some G2 guy had their car re-tinted and they broke the "circuit board" lines. Replacement was like over $700.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, i'll find out what kind of film he's using and about the warranty and then i'll get back to you all. thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: removing tint...

mfjonny said:
Mr. Tint at the Marlin car wash in San Jose. It's at the corner of San Thomas Expressway and Stevens Creek. I know the name makes it sound bad, but it is a really good, though rather small, shop. You'll probably need to call ahead as they usually have a several day (up to a week) line. If you get your car tinted there, they will do free removal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
got my limo tints on my coupe for $150 at a place called Stadium Auto Glass a block away from Shea Stadium with a life time warrenty. As for removing the tint in the rear window, me and a buddy of mine removed the back tints on his Solara with some ammonia we got from the local supermarket and his mom's dish sponge. :p it came right off but the glue that is stuck to the windshield is very annoying to remove. gotta keep on scrubbing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guys i just found out the previous owner of my car put titanium film on the windows. Is it possible to tint over that or will it turn out to be a mess?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts