Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
my 95 says 30 all around....I have fronts at 32...too stiff a ride for my liking....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The sticker is for stock tires. It may vary if you have larger tires on your car. I deflate my tires to 26-28 for driving in heavy snow, re-inflate them to correct specs once it clears up - my car didn’t skid once this winter. *knock on wood.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
uhhh im running on tsx rims i got 40 front an 38 back.
i tried running on stock pressure. but im pretty sure it all changes the moment u put after market rims on.

anything lower than 40 front and 38 back .. the wheels are just deflated too much and the cars turning is sluggish.

am i doing it wrong?

I have 17" TSX rims with 215/50/R17 91V BFGoodrich Traction T/A tires ...

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
werd, your better off running like 32-35 for better MPG's

I run 44psi in my tires UHP tires FTW! :D
44?!?!?!? :eek: how do you drive around Chicago streets?

·
Registered
122 Posts
uhhh im running on tsx rims i got 40 front an 38 back.
i tried running on stock pressure. but im pretty sure it all changes the moment u put after market rims on.

anything lower than 40 front and 38 back .. the wheels are just deflated too much and the cars turning is sluggish.

am i doing it wrong?

I have 17" TSX rims with 215/50/R17 91V BFGoodrich Traction T/A tires ...
That is very wrong... Your tires are rather severely over-inflated, and you are going to make them wear out in the centers much quicker than the outside edges. I would suggest running the OEM tire pressure regardless of the wheel/tire combo you have on your vehicle. If your tires are losing air, they will do it at any inflation. It may seem as if tires look low, but that is just the nature of radial tires to bulge out a little bit on the bottoms.

·
Spiral descent
5,040 Posts
The sticker is for stock tires. It may vary if you have larger tires on your car. I deflate my tires to 26-28 for driving in heavy snow, re-inflate them to correct specs once it clears up - my car didn't skid once this winter. *knock on wood.
How deep of snow are we talking? Usually the skinnier the tire the best for getting through to the pavement, but if there wasn't any then . . . .

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Snow tires should be narrow. That is why I got 195's for my stock rims for the winter. But deflating helps when you have 20-30cm of snow on the road and 40+cm on street corners and driveways. This winter we got almost 30cm every week for 2 months straight.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That is very wrong... Your tires are rather severely over-inflated, and you are going to make them wear out in the centers much quicker than the outside edges. I would suggest running the OEM tire pressure regardless of the wheel/tire combo you have on your vehicle. If your tires are losing air, they will do it at any inflation. It may seem as if tires look low, but that is just the nature of radial tires to bulge out a little bit on the bottoms.
I agree but if you do vary the pressures I wouldnt go more than plus or minus 2 psi.

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
225/40/18 the max press is 50 psi, so I set I run 40 psi . The tires pressure usually increases when they get warm so be careful not put too much air or they might burst.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you look on any tire, it will always say what the max inflation is, that is not to say that you should inflate your tires to that pressure however. Psi doesn't change because you have 15s, 16s, 17s, 18s, 19s, or 20s. It should always stay the same. Deviating from that has different effects, but severe overinflation is bad for tire wear.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.