Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 18x7 +42 mm rims w/ 225 40 18 tires.
I wanted to know if I can get wider 235 or 245 to fit?

kevin

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
KTD said:
I have 18x7 +42 mm rims w/ 225 40 18 tires.
I wanted to know if I can get wider 235 or 245 to fit?

kevin
Kevin, 235 or 245 would be too wide - you would experience some scrubbing. Why do you want a wider tire? 225 is perfect with that offset and width.

I am running a 18 x 7.5 with a +42mm offset...

with a 2"+ drop

:cool:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
with a 42mm offset, the wheels should be skicking out a little bit. if you wider, it will stick out a lot and u'd rub like hell. if you had maybe 50mm offset, i'd say you can prolly push 235's with some fender rolling. i've seen a legend with 235/35/18's but he rolled his fender alot.

-j

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

My tires fit fine on my rims, but i just wanted a little more rubber on the sides to protect my rims from scratching w/ curbs or what not.
kevin

·
Registered
270 Posts
Look for a set of tires that have the "rim protector" edge !! I have that on my 17" tires and it works great !! It also stiffens the sidewall a bit... Added bonus in my book:D

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What in the world is a rim protector edge? please explain.
and no a 225/40/18x7.5 +42 offset will not rubb nor does it stick out its flush with the finders. Thats what I have.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A rim protector edge is a thicker rubber part of the tire, near the bead, that sticks out a little past the wheel edgeand protects the wheel a little bit from damage... I'd have to post a pic to truly explain it...

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
cdndvl said:
A rim protector edge is a thicker rubber part of the tire, near the bead, that sticks out a little past the wheel edgeand protects the wheel a little bit from damage... I'd have to post a pic to truly explain it...
basically like a wheel "cup"
Save those...uhhh, wheels, yeah ;)

Nitto, Falken and Kumho have them (i have experienced blow outs with these tires so I know)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts