Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick 0-65 sprint.

We both left at the light & he was a 1/2 a carlength on me the whole time...the only reason he got ahead was because i hesitated off the line. at the next light he asked if i was squeezin...i said "not then" smiled at him @ turned off...I woulda left his ass if I was usin the gas

but i was pretty amazed that my 160HP G1 gave the guy a serious run for his money in the short race...i have no doubt he woulda pulled in the topend. but the 100hp difference shouldve given him more than 1/2 a carlength by the time he was @ 65

ohh well just thought id share :)
told wifey it must be the new tranny that i put in the car lol

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: not just tha tranny

mythical89 said:
damn i didnt know g1s could take those things

good kill.

cold air probably helped.

when you gonna let us in ericc? ;)
i didnt kill him.. i just gave him a nice run...woulda killed him if i was using the bottle.

CAI update...THE POS DOESNT FIT!!!!!!
thats not exactly true. it will work if you take the driver light out..i dont know what i was thinking @ first making the intake without the light in it..but when i tried to install it with everything on it the extension wouldnt fit under the back of the light housing...
back to the drawing board...i am thinking of working on a flexible extension of some sort..havent located a product that will satisfy this need...

FYI..i am calling around for places in my area with a mandrel or pipe bender of some sort..ive located thin aluminum piping & am working on getting a uniform aluminum intake.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Ric, Did I ever tell you the story of racing my friend's CL-S?
1/4 mile race (well, 0-80, but it takes about 1/4 mile, hehe). His car has shaved door handels (weight), AEM CAI, test pipe, redone piping, stock mufflers. I beat him by a car and he was like :eek: . Imigane if we did the 0-100 race what he proposed. Hehe. Oh, and I was on stock filter then too, just the exhaust.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mythical89 said:
replacing your headlight with a cai? i'm not looking for that much air flow...

well mandrel bent pipes would be beautiful. whatever works.

good luck on that
my driver headlight went out so i took the bulb out...i left the harness out while i was making the CAI...when i did buy the headlight & put it in, i tried putting the CAI on & the pipe wouldnt fit on anymore.
i just had a moment i guess...

·
Registered
541 Posts
wow nice race! those things 0-60 in about mid 6's. you must be a great! shifter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.