Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is this info accurate?

"The TL-S rims are 17 x 6 1/2 with a +55 offset. You have to mill the center bore of the CL/TL rims to 70.1mm in order to fit the G2 Legend."

Please make sure this info is correct. I may be buying some TL-S rims from a guy in Texas and he is going to get them bored there for me since I don't know if anyone in my Georgia ******* town can do it.... Thanks so much.

Also, will this affect the ride of my legend or affect anything else? Thankyou.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Yes, that is correct. Since the Legend hub is 70mm, you need to bore the rims out slightly larger. I believe it should really be 70.03mm, but I believe most who have done it seem to thing that is still a little too light in some cases, so 70.1 is a better choice, as it fits easily onto the hub, but is not loose.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Price?

Would you would be so kind to tell me how much you are paying?
I plan on putting TL-S wheels on mine also once I get a decent job!
Thanks,
-Ben

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leon. I'm thinking I may keep the GS rims maybe....I'm gonna put the TL-S rims on, see how I like them, and then decide whether or not to sell the GS rims...Like. I love the look of the GS rims and I feel like I may miss them....but I bet the TL-S rims will grow on me.....I guess it would be cool to change them off every once in a while to keep people looking...

hedrinbc, I actually found a guy in in Texas that is selling them to me for $650 shipped w/tires with only 7K miles on them. So I'm basically buying brand new rims and tires....No scratches,etc...

G

·
I wanted to do that to (get type-s rims) but I heard if you do it wrong the wheels will wobble... Let us know results..:)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thai.95LCoupe said:
I wanted to do that to (get type-s rims) but I heard if you do it wrong the wheels will wobble... Let us know results..:)
Who did you hear that from? I wanna talk to or chat with them... I wanna be 100% sure about this.... Chrisk....you have any more input on this? Thanks.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
If the machine shope doesn't enlarge the center perfectly in the center, than the weel will be off center, but any competent machine shop should know what they are doing. If yo uhave any doubts, just get some references from others for good known shops with good reputations.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey guys,

I just bought CL-S rims for my coupe and want to mount them ASAP. Matt you bring up some real valid concerns but I think everything will be just fine if the machine shop does it correctly. One thing though... The tires are already mounted on my rims, and I heard WhiteLegend say that you can't have the tires on when the wheels are machined. Why is this? And how much is it going to cost to get them taken off and put back on?

Thanks and good luck,
Jason

·
Registered
314 Posts
The tires are already mounted on my rims, and I heard WhiteLegend say that you can't have the tires on when the wheels are machined. Why is this?
Because the wheel/tire assembly will be too big to fit into the mill/lathe that's use to bore the center hub.

And how much is it going to cost to get them taken off and put back on?
Dismounting is cheap, usually just a few bucks per tire. But then you'd have to have them remounted and most definitely REBALANCED. Could cost anywhere from $40-$100 depending on where you live....

I'm going to get my 16" TL wheels bored out this week, fortunately I bought them without tires so I won't have to worry about the dismounting and mounting. I won't be using them for a few more months, but I want to get them ready should I get a flat or something that ruins one of my current 15" Bridgestones.

Regards

·
Registered
299 Posts
An update -- I went to the place near me and the guy said he would be able to do it with the tires on there. That works for me. :) I dropped them off today and am picking them up tomorrow. I also want to get Eibachs, so I'll let you know how everything went by next week. Talk to you later.

Jason

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
ChrisK said:
Yes, that is correct. Since the Legend hub is 70mm, you need to bore the rims out slightly larger. I believe it should really be 70.03mm, but I believe most who have done it seem to thing that is still a little too light in some cases, so 70.1 is a better choice, as it fits easily onto the hub, but is not loose.
well, 70mm is the actual hub size, to fit around it, you will probably need a little more than .1 mm's. The guy who did mine made it a little bigger than 70.1, and they fit pretty snug, any less and I'd be worried.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, I did! What a hook up, seriously. Before I got your e-mail I called like 10 places and none of them could that kind of work. I dropped them off this morning. If you are in the city that must have been a real drive...it's about 20 minutes from my house and 5 minutes from where I work. I really appriciate it. I'll send pics after I lower her next week.

Jason

·
Banned
2,930 Posts
cool i'm glad you used him. he does good work. i actually live like a mile from the place. thats funny that i never see your legend around. i live in willow grove

·
Registered
28 Posts
91 Legend S Wheels

:) Dude, Just buy some spacers.. That's what I did on my legend.

·
K L E A N M O D™
5,267 Posts
Re: 91 Legend S Wheels

91LGD said:
:) Dude, Just buy some spacers.. That's what I did on my legend.
Which spacers did you buy? What size?

·
Registered
314 Posts
My 16" TL wheels are currently at Hilltop Auto Service in Daly City, Ca. getting the centers bored out...

I will report results as soon as pick them up and test fit over the weekend....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts