Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a performance ship to my Legend. I have a 94 with the Type II engine and a 6-Speed to boot. Pretty much the only company that can offer me a chip is Bayou Performance, and they even say that thier chips may not work. So any of you that either have one from this company or another, does it work and how good does it work...ie:horsepower and torque ratings?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the search functionality is really helpful on this forum. this topic has been discussed many times. about 50% of the people who bought the chip lucked out. the other 50% got screwed one way or another.
-j

G

·
Wait up for a little bit. Leon might have something underway in this department, we are trying to get our own chips made that will be either similar or identical to the Dinan/Bayou chips.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
aiznpride said:
the search functionality is really helpful on this forum. this topic has been discussed many times. about 50% of the people who bought the chip lucked out. the other 50% got screwed one way or another.
-j
I'm sure everything has been pretty much discussed here over time, so when someone asks a question that you've already seen, don't tell'em to search. Have the common curtiousy to post the url that is related to the question or just answer the question.
New people join the forum and have new experiences and by posting a new or previously answered question benefits evryone in some way or another.

You answered it in the second part of your statement. GOOD JOB;)

Legendary 6,

I've heard some conflicting sotries about the bayou chip, some people like it, some say it did nothing, some complained about the gas mileage being worse that what is was, etc... Its a crap shot.

·
Registered
288 Posts
im wondering....

how hard would it be to have one of our own legend guys make the chip.... parts cost next to nothing(couple bucks at most its just one chip...) its all programming right? i remember working on one of the elecromotive deals.... just hooked it up to the laptop with a serial cable using only 3 wires and up loaded the new program.

c'mon, there are many smart fella in this forum. i guess we need somekind of computer science/computer engineer...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
prgramming the chip would be easy. you can buy the chip at radio shack for 2 bux. i think the hard part is removing the stock chip from the board. i don't know if anyone is good with a soldering iron. i think that's where all the problems started with willie at bayou. i don't think he took care in removing the chip.
-j

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can get special tools to remove chips from boards ... another option is to take it an electonics repair shop and get them to put a socket in for you ... probably be like $20. The copying of the chip is a pice of cake also (with the right eprom reader/writer). This was briefly discussed a few months ago, but it didn't go anywhere since no one was willing to donate a Buyou chip for the cloning ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.