Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't been living here in Atlanta long and was wondering is radar detectors illegal here? I've been hearing different answers and wanted to get down to the bottom of it. 9Besides, people here drive on 85/285 like their in Germany on the Autobahn.

Seriously. Is there a law against radar detectors here in Georgia?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I think the only ones that are illegal are the "radar jammers" that actually cause the police radar gun to not read your speed...Other than that, I think they are 100% legal...

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Radar detectors are legel, but it will go off all the time while driving through the city. Any Atlanta driver will agree if you arent going atleast 80 in a 55 GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE. I set my cruise at 80 in ATL and have never been stopped, even when I flew past cops.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
sleeprlegendcp said:
Radar detectors are legel, but it will go off all the time while driving through the city. Any Atlanta driver will agree if you arent going atleast 80 in a 55 GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE. I set my cruise at 80 in ATL and have never been stopped, even when I flew past cops.
Later!
Lee
Ya, you have to go with the flow of traffic...You are more likely to get pulled over for not speeding enough, if you aren't keeping up with traffic...

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leon Millette said:
IMHO radar is useless in ATL.
Period

Play it by ear/sight.

NO ONE does the speed limit

YOU CAN'T
yeah, thats how i've been doing it so far (pressing my luck). I've had plenty detectors in the past. But now it seems like every time a good one comes on the market, a new radar gun comes on the market so that defeats the purpose altogether. I heard some of the companies that manufacture detectors also markets the radar guns. :rolleyes: Go figure.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i ain't in georgia...but radar detectors and radar scramblers are illegal as hell around here...i wish they weren't that way i could fly past a cop and just smile since i would know he couldn't get a reading....but then i'm sure he'd find a way around it and simply pace me with his car and stop me!

haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.