Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another post someone was having trouble with their car stalling. You had stated that the Timing Position Sensor was bad. I had my timing belt along with head gasket replaced last year and at times my car also stalls. I also noticed when I was changing the oil filter plastic stuff melted on the oil filter and it appeared to be in the area below the timing belt cover. I took the car to the mechanic that did the work on my heads and he had no idea what or where the melted plastic was coming from. Is this an expensive job and what are future problems if this is not fixed.. thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
I actually mislabled the part, its not the Timing Position Sensor, it's the Crank angle sensor. Supposedly the melted plastic has nothing to do with it's operation as long as the 4 little sensors stay aligned properly. In fact its melted in one of the pictures in my Helm's manual. :eek: After looking in the manual I don't think any stalling problems could be blamed on this part. I think the engine would not start to begin with if it was malfunctioning. In the other post I think his problem was the Throttle Position sensor so you might want to start there. Good luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The problem I have is the TPS throttle position sensor witch in on the side of the throttle body. What happenes to my car because of this part being defective is it will stall by it self after long drives when put in park position it also seems to to have trouble holding idel at a still point but wont stall.As I posted a couple days ago my car stalled while driving, it was preaty weird. Since that day I haven't came across this prob agin. :D :D

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
91legendsedanL said:
The problem I have is the TPS throttle position sensor witch in on the side of the throttle body. What happenes to my car because of this part being defective is it will stall by it self after long drives when put in park position it also seems to to have trouble holding idel at a still point but wont stall.As I posted a couple days ago my car stalled while driving, it was preaty weird. Since that day I haven't came across this prob agin. :D :D
You do know their is a recall on certain 91 Legend TBs between certain VIN #s right? If your car falls between these numbers, than you are entittled to a new TB, and that would include a new TPS as well since it is part of the TB. I dont have the affected VIN numbers, so someone else will need to provide the info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have already checked my vin# to see if my TB was covered by the recall it turned out to be covered but the guy I talked to at acura told me there was a dead line back in back in 97' to get them replaced, sux for me. I called the dealer the other day and there asking $$700$$ for the new TB.(a*s holes):mad: :mad:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
91legendsedanL said:
I have already checked my vin# to see if my TB was covered by the recall it turned out to be covered but the guy I talked to at acura told me there was a dead line back in back in 97' to get them replaced, sux for me. I called the dealer the other day and there asking $$700$$ for the new TB.(a*s holes):mad: :mad:
Find another dealer. A friend of mine locally got his replaced just in 2000 or 2001. Most of us learned about the recall within the last 2 years and most were able to get it done. However, like you, some people did have trouble with their particualr dealers, so antoher dealer might be a better choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.