Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint the rocker panel to match the body!
I want to purchase 3-piece 18" chrome rims!
I want to mildly drop her about 1" on some Koni's and springs!
I want to put on Brembo's!
$5K's plus

I am going to put some clear corners and bumpers!
I am going to do some simple engine dress up!
I am going to make a CAI!
I am going to put in video (if I can run it through the stock set-up)!
$800

BUT I'M PLANNING A WEDDING THIS YEAR! I love my girl, my wife to be that is, but Kumiko is being neglected in this process.

I tried to elope, but sweetie wasn't having it.

What's a brother to do, cancel the wedding and hook my ride up, or go through with the wedding and put the want's on the project 2003 list???

Attachments

G

·
Damn bruah your ride is exactly like mine he he.. and all the things you listed I want to do as far as the 5K items are concerned... But it will cost me around 2500.... I gave up on painting the molding for now...

If you luv your woman and she's the right one for you then use the $$$ and marry her man :)... Bring up what you want to do with the Coupe and see if a compromise can be made... mabey you could get some of the things done instead of all of them...

But if she's like my woman she will think that spending 5K on a car is stupid....:) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Marry, no conest. Love our cars, but it doesn't compare to the love of a good woman. One day you might also have a kid. At that point, you might want to look for a GS Sedan, LOL ....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
True.... but I was driving with my GF friends in my car on Saturday, and they were like "nice car, is this yours.... blah blah blah, how much did you pay."

"$18500"

They said " Thats alot of money, but...."
They started talking about how they spend this much $$$ on clothes, and shoes, and haircuts, and nails, etc.

They put it like this.

Women have their clothes, etc...
Men have their cars

I agreed. End of conversation.

Marry your girl, but dont give up something that you really enjoy. I love cars, and I am passionate about them. Dont go overboard, but make the wedding special, and as a wedding present to your self, buy some wheels, or something cool. And then in time, do the rest of your mods, and DONT let her convince you to sell your coupe for a mini-van... (please) because its not a family car.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
If she's the right girl marry her or else you might regret it , but you must stand true to the male stereotype, you must be extremly cheap when it comes to everything in life except CARS and ELECTRONICS and sometimes clothes you gotta keep the gear tight... :D

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
This is a no-brainer. Marry the girl, and on your invitations, note to your guests that you are registered at your friendly neighbourhood wheel shop, shox.com, raceconcepts, autodynamic.com, local body shop, and stereo shop. :)

Kills two birds with one stone. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
hahaha, hell yeah, who needs all those b.s. gifts when you can just put down for everybody to get you car stereo stuff or car parts! :D

but def. marry her! (the girl i mean :D )

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
If I had to sell my car to marry a woman I love. I wouldn't even think twice, while it would be hard to let go of the car, I can always buy another one down the road. Real love, doesn't come by too often...that's why I still say... if you love her, the girl. Shouldn't be a question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are truly inspirational. I was thinking that most of you would say go for the car, but I see there are real romantics among our group. This truly displays, either Legend owners have class, or the Legend creates class in a person.

Yeah, I truly love her. Actually, when I purchased the car, I had my sweetie in mind. She does not have driver’s license. I attempted to teach her on my manual trans. car-needless to say-no go. I saw Kumiko on the side of the road bling-ing saying buy me please! I consulted with the Lord, and now she resides garaged in my garage.

True Mckenzie, my sweetie was somewhat tripping about my car hobby. I told her not to hate, she is entitled to spend a $100 a month on shoes-that can be her hobby.

And DaTimez420, any cash gifts my share is surely going towards the car, or my detail business to make more money to go towards the car!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I see that we are in the same boat. I was planning on getting married in July. Now It will be in December and everybody is invited. Since my girl is studying in France, and that I don't drink nor smoke, and I'm notv anymore a party guy, most off my extra morning is in the car. I've done my inside, two tone leather,, drop it, sound system. By the way I just got today a PlayerStation for the car today . One thing let for me to do. Shave everything and repaint it before december. After that I"ll have to consult her before making any expenses. I'm looking foward for That.:p :cool: :D :p

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
most definitely..go for the girll...

you can always buy a nother LEgend...

I think Baddazz is selling his again:p

lol
Again!?
Damn man.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
DUMP THE GIRL, DUMP THE GIRL, DUMP THE GIRL, DUMP THE GIRL

she's only gonna let her self go once that ring gets on man.....then she's gonna push out crumb snatchers after crumb snatcher.......TAKE THE CAR AND DRIVE...DON'T LOOK BACK JUST DRIVE:eek:

·
Registered
248 Posts
marry the girl, gether into the habit, and have her take care of paying for kumiko.
;)

b

·
Registered
376 Posts
hmm..call me crazy, but me n ma lady said fawk the wedding, lets just e-lope, so i get her and spend money on my car =) . to many people big weddings are traditional, but not to my gurl and I. we just wanna get married and start makin babies. =) haha...j/k

zol

·
Registered
671 Posts
Am I the only one?

What... no one else wants to see a picture!? How else are you going to tell?

;)

Just jokin! Go for the girl, get her into your car hobby... never hurts to have someone help you wash your car :)

-James

·
Registered
456 Posts
LOL, YALL FUNNY AND NO IM NOT SELLING BADDASS FOR A NEW FOCUS :D IM NOT SELLING BADDASS !!!LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts