Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lock Nut Wrench from Brasscraft part number T149 for $9 from Home Depot in the plumbing/sprinkler tool area.

made rotating the front and rear camshaft for proper alignment super easy before re-installing the timing belt

I used chain wrench, extremely large channel lock wrench. extremely large pipe wrench, nylon strap wrench, homemade spanner wrench.

The lock nut wrench is a dream and super cheap.

Also, when rotating the crankshaft to align with TDC, REMOVE the sparkplugs!!! makes rotating the crankshaft instantly easy.

NOTE: when attempting to align the crankshaft with the crankshaft lower cover removed, align the key, the woodruff key vertical. Otherwise, nearly impossible to align to TDC with the lower cover removed.

Attachments

·
489,000 km's stil going
1,014 Posts
Good find, and cheap. I had no choice when i did this i just drilled two holes into an old hockey stick shaft inserted two long bolts in it sideways and stuck that between the slots of the gear and turned it easily.

The real trick to make the replacement easy is to follow the proper sequence of which gear to slip the new belt over first, second, third and so on... (noted in the Haynes manual) The last gear to slip the belt over will be the front cam, then it goes on with a little bit of effort but much easier if you have a the tool or something fashioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts