Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
tdc sensor

Well, in my experience, the upper distributor bearing fails, slowly disintegrates, showering the inside of the cap with sort of rusty metal dust. This upsets the sensor. Short term fix is to pull the distributor and flush out the rust with some wd40 or similar, flush the hidden area under the plate below the rotor. Long term fix is to install a new upper bearing. I did it, so can you. I have a post on here somewhere regarding this.
Of course if you've nothing better to do with your dough you can just install a new distributor.

$4 bearing or $200 distributor, your choice.

Jay

·
Registered
173 Posts
dist bearing

here you go,

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f2/distributor-grief-115212/

lots of pissing and moaning on this thread (99% from me) excellent photos from other members

So, maybe get a spare from a wrecker, just so you don't get stuck, and slap a bearing in your old one, given that these bearings are small and trouble seems common, I'd say the bearing needs replacement maybe every 150,000 miles or so.

Seems to me like the fellow who had trouble with reassembly either mis-assembled (reluctor ring upside down?) or, more likely, had other troubles, bad pickup, broken wire, I dunno.

my distributor is still working fine.

cheers, Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.