Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was just wondering what the Legend's top speed is? And, is it governed? I hope not.

Finally, what kind of 0-60 times do you guys usually get?

Charles
1987 Legend LS Coupe
2.7L V6 140K Miles Stock

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I could never get any of my G1 Legends over 135. maybe it's aerodynamics, maybe it's governed. :confused:

0-60 is something I never checked.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I got my sedan around 125-130, that was it though. I really think it could have something to do with aerodynamics. A big square box going 125+, not a good idea:) I like to think our cars werent made for super speed, but for good speed and lots of class.

·
Registered
386 Posts
TOP END SPEED!!!!!!!!!

I have had my legend at a 135 m.p.h. and it still felt like it could go a little faster. Since our cars aren't big on horsepower or torque than thats where the problem lies If we could find away to increase the horsepower and the torque than our top speed should increase. I also think the final drive ratio may also play a part in the cars top speed, I wonder if it could be changed. Also lowering your car should also help when slicing through the wind. Looking at my G1 coupe from the side view it seems to have a pretty clean shape. The main goal is to raise horsepower and torque levels and if it can be done maybe add in the gears ( not the transmission JUST THE GEARS ) from a 1991-93 NSX. If we could swop out the gears and put in the GEARS from an NSX I'm sure the numbers would most definitly be different especially with some new found horsepower say in the neighborhood of 250-270 horses. Than my G1 would really fly.:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Yeah the Drag Coefficiency is pretty good on the coupe, so I don't think it's too much of an aerodynamic problem.

Hey Mr.Bigs, when you putting in that turbo??

·
Registered
386 Posts
The turbo situation

I've thought about the turbo for the G1 and I don't think its a good plan. First of all you have to drive to Arizona to have it done. Second you have to make the trip back home ( with a turbo on board it maybe a little more fun ). The system looks like it uses the stock exhaust manifold its just been heat treated. Third the G1 engine bay is way too cramped. Sooner or later you gonna want to raise the boost and this system won't allow that. The main reason for me is IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH THE TURBO I DON'T WANT TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY BACK TO ARIZONA TO HAVE THE PROBLEM FIXED SINCE THEY SEEM TO BE THE ONLY COMPANY CAPABLE OF DIAGNOSING THE PROBLEM. Last but not least an all motor with 250-270 horses CONSTANTLY ON TAP thats the way I plan to go. Even when you pop the hood to show off the engine no one will know that there is 250-270 horses lurcking until you TREAT THEM LIKE A PACK OF CIGARETTES AND SMOKE'EM.:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mr. Bigs... How are you gonna get the power ?? Sounds really interesting !!
I'd like to find a belt-driven blower !!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
damn guys... www.paeco.com . there is a turbo'd convertable g1 up in dallas, im trying to get the guys to come to the boards. top speed... i've hit 130 and im pretty sure i was under 5500rpm; too busy looking at the road and the GSX tailights whopping my azz:rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
386 Posts
250-270 Horses

For more info on the 250-270 horsepower go to www.paeco.com. They make a 271 horsepower engine for the G1 Legends that is also suppose to be a super reliable engine. You can also get their catalog by giving them a call. One more thing their super reliable engine is suppose to last almost forever according to paeco. Anyway thats the route I plan to take.:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Hey I have that Paeco booklet, there engines are pricey, but for that power, I guess one wouldn't mind! How do you know they're for G1? I don't them go by gens there, it jsut says Legend.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Paeco engines

I have talked to a guy at paeco and he told me the engines are also for g1 legends. Give them a call.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Do they make any for G2s? It's the first time I hear of a company making something for a G1 and not a G2, talk about a change in the tides!!!

You know what sucks? When I was buying my G2, procarparts started making gauges for the G1, and now nobody has Gauges for the TypeII G2, it's kind of funny :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
0-60

This stuff sounds great. I might look into it. But what about my other question:

What kind of 0-60 times do you guys get?

Charles
1987 Legend LS Coupe
2.7L V6 140K Miles Stock

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: 0-60

RedSun106 said:
This stuff sounds great. I might look into it. But what about my other question:

What kind of 0-60 times do you guys get?

Charles
1987 Legend LS Coupe
2.7L V6 140K Miles Stock
My best is 8.6, measured with a stopwatch.

·
Registered
846 Posts
yeah, it sure does, why do you guys think that is?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts