Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I want to know what the Top-Speed for the Legend is, not "ESTIMATED". TypeI and TypeII. What have people actually reached. I keep hearing ~135 for the TypeI and ~142 for the TypeII... seems a little low to me, to me it seemed the 6-speed Legend could very easily get to ~150mph+ or so.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think it would be electronically limited

good question, I took mine to 110 the first day I got it. I did this with my last car too, I think a tradition is starting, going 110 in the g2 legend is like going 70 in a g4 prelude,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Speed

LOL!!! I got mine up to 110 with the salesman in the car!!! (I'll never forget his face!)

I have had my speedo registering 138 (and I'm certain I could have gone higher), but to Leon's point, my Bro-in-Law was behind me in an NSX and said he was hitting 142...that falls into that 3% range.
It's amazing how fast you come up on the cars in front of you at that speed...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i hit 145 smoking a 300zx but still had more room to pull, chris moddy said on the dyno the gear ratio limited top speed is 188, but haven't talked with him yet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've gotten my coupe up to 135mph racing a gs400 with my girlfriend in shotgun. but yeah I backed off at 135mph cuz I was getting scared and couldn't take anymore of my girlfriend's screaming. the guy in the gs400 kept on going and I think he hit close to 150's. it's amazing though how stable the car feels even at that speed.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I've only done about 115 on a highway by my house which has little to no traffic at night time. The car just feels like it glides on air and for a moment I was scared cause i did wanna hit at least 130 but I punked out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had my speedometer buried at 140 in my type I.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
iv got 135 with alot more to go in my Type 1 and been in my friends 6-speed Type II at like 145 but was getting close because he was at the top of 5th almost and 6th isnt anything

G

·
In my Automatic I have gone almost 150, I was at 148 :D. I ran out of road though, but was still accelerating. I'm pretty convinced that on a good road and given enough room the Automatics can probably get up to 160. And the 6-speeds probably like 163-165. I was going so fast though that I never even thought to look at my tach, but if I had to guess by the sound the engine was making I would say that I was around like 5800.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i was going 110mph on my type 1 '93 legend with 191k miles on it. i coulda gone faster but i was approaching a light and had to slow down.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I got my speedometer needle pointing to the "ns" logo on my gauges at 6 o'clock position in my 95 auto type I. Oh yeah, at 3 am on a sunday morning, no traffic on a straight interstate, took about 4 mins to get there!

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
takemorepills said:
I got my speedometer needle pointing to the "ns" logo on my gauges
That's exactly where I had the needle sitting in my coupe, straight down! I would estimate between 150-153. This was on RT. 90 from New York to Pennsylvania and it took about 2 minutes to reach this speed. I held it for about 5 minutes till I couldn't take it anymore. It's pretty stressful.

G

·
gAmEs0n said:
speedo read 145 mph on 92 LS 4 door. can go more, but i m too scared
Me want speed :D There is no such thing as to much speed! ;) unless you start talking about Jet engines and **** :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Me want speed :D There is no such thing as to much speed! ;) unless you start talking about Jet engines and **** :D
lol, i am afraid not because of the speed. i like speed. it's like adrenalin run into your blood. you just want it more and more.

i have a 92 LS 4 door with 160k+ miles and an auto. i am just afraid that everything will fell apart if i go more. i used to have a 99 prelude that i drive for 150 mph and still going but i don't have enough road to finish what i start.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Alright, so for those who have gone were few men have gone before, lol, it looks like

145-150mph by some TypeI users
150-155mph by some TypeII users

One of those TypeII 150mph was an automatic, so I'm thinking a 6-speed will do 155-162mph with 3% error correction

Jeez, this is one scarry engine when you think about it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've only hit about 130 in my coupe. I don't plan on getting above that, or even near it anytime soon, but it was awsome.
:cool:

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
128 on I 35 @ midnight in my type I sedan. I had so much room it wasnt even funny, but there was a crown vic ahead, and i got worried, i was at like 4500 RPM, i had forever, and the car was perfectly smooth. I used to drive an explorer, and i got that to 114, which is exactly as fast as a 4 L ford V6 will top out. almost physically impossible to go faster, shakin like hell. I need to take my moms type 2 sedan out and top it out.
peace
Tnelson

1 - 20 of 49 Posts