Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a torn boot on the pass side right behind the rotor. I hear no clicking sound. Can I repack it with grease for now and just get a boot and replace it or is it part of a whole assebly? This is pass side

·
Registered
133 Posts
May be just as easy to replace the whole CV joint. The CV joint is about $180 to replace and then you don't have to worry about it going out. Cost wise it is probably not much more to replace than to do a temporary fix. If the tear has been there for a while and the grease is gone there has probably been some damage already done.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yo! you got some SWEET rims and if you leave the boot damaged for a long time (1 week or more) grease will start flying out onto the back of your rim. It happen to me about 4 weeks ago, it only costed about $90 Canadian to fix the boot (new boot and labour was free because I installed my rotors/pads/ss brake lines and a tie rod for driver side. Just something to think about because it is VERY HARD to get the grease off.
Good Luck and don't forget about the TO MEET in August, keep checking the "meets" section for updates.
Thanks,
MR. CANDY:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.