Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey guys!

Didn't check this part fo the forums for awhile and glad I found this thread!

I'm down for that August meet... but I"m also down for a "mini' meet a little earlier for thsoe who are as enthusiastic as me!

I'm picking up my car probably Tuesday from the bodyshop (been almost a month!). I've gone through 5 rental cars so far... taurus...protoge... camry.... expedition (enjoyed this ride!) and now the sebring.... God I miss my Legend!!!! I went on Friday and saw it... the paint is funky on it.. it's black with blue highlights... meaning.. whenever light hits it... the light reflects blue off of it... but the base paint is black! It's the carbon-black metalic they call it.. only available on M3 and M5s. The body is so perfect on it now too... no imperfections! :)

My car will be just like brand new... except for my blown HG that I still havn't gotten around to fix.

I"m looking forward to seeing all your rides again and see some bodykit action from Sage.

Does bredren come on these forums?

Sage.. i'll be e-mailin u soon buddy....

Let's make this happen boys!!

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Leon's Strut bar

Hey guys,

I'm cool with the arrangements.

Just wanted to ask if any of you Toronto guys getting in on the group buy for Leon's strut bar?

Octane and I are ordering and having our bars shipped together, so if anyone else is in on it, we can have them all shipped in one box which saves everyone a **** load of shipping costs the more times it gets split.

Let us know.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You definetely in on this Eye Candy?

Cool, so we can split it 3 ways. I'll have to then get Leon to quote me on shipping 3 bars in one box.

I have no problem recieving them at my office.

Blo, doesn't customs bother you when you bringing a whole bunch of car parts over?

Let me know what you guys want to do, cause we can get Blo to bring them over for us. We'll see what the shiping price to Canada is, split 3 ways, because by shipping them here directly, we get them sooner :D

EYe Candy, Octane, when are you guys placing your order?

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Eye Candy,

sorry to hear what hapenned to your car.

It sucks to know this is hapenning in T.O. What area do you live in?

I live in a ruff neighbourhood but I know too many bad boyz there that they won't touch my car.

Heck, my car was vandalized 2 months ago but it did not seem they attempted to take anything.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
RayRay - I was at the Docks during last summer. Still turned out good.

I say we figure out where to meet and if you guys want, we can go grab a bite to eat somewhere. What u think?

B-Lo - I ordered mine already and I also think Eye Candy did too. I know Leon held back some orders especially the ones for 94 - 95 Legends due to fitment issues.

If he doens't ship out on time for you to recieve it prior to coming to T.O. I will be cancelling my order.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hmm... with respect to waterfront locations, I only know of a couple places that are good like The Docks (which I don't know how packed it'll be at noon time also they probably charge you to get into their parking lot during the summer), that parking lot we met up last time south of the old "Meow" location just east of those two tall condos with that funky bridge. The beaches is another location but that lot will also be rammed so I don't suggest going there. There are also the Scarborough bluffs, but don't think many of us would like to venture into that area.

How about places that are not at the waterfront? Perhaps in a parking lot in a park like Sunnybrook park, Taylor Creek, etc..

I'll try to come up with some more ideas.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ya, that's a large lot there at Edward's Gardens.. not too far from Sunnybrook. It's also 5 mins from where I live :D

But if I remember correctly a majority of the guys live in the west.

I'd like to find a location suitable for everyone.

I really like the cruising idea... and perhaps we can go somewhere to eat lunch. :D

Also keep in mind movie theatre complexes also have large lots and are completely empty at around that time.

I'd like to get more ideas from the rest of you guys... i still got my thinking cap on... if I come up with anything good i'll post.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm down for D&B.

I was thinking if we want to get close to the water, we can go to the BK on LakeShore near the beaches parking lot, but there's too many seagulls hanging around in that lot and they'll crap all over our cars :eek2:

Also up there in the 400 & 7 area there are plenty of places to grab a bite.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Good... I hope all the other T.O. guys check this thread out before then.

For sure are in:

Godfather
Octane
Eye Candy
sleeppilot
blacksheep

Still waiting for the rest to confirm:

B-lo?
Sage69?
Scotch?
Spiff?
RayRay?
Bredren?
legendmap?
905_LEGEND? <<-- gotta represent the G1s!

anyone else I'm missing?

In respect to the strut bar, I'm not getting mine this time around :( Had some complications with my credit card, let's just say Enterprise Rent a car and my insurance company f*cked me over... long story.... i'll explain it at the meet.. but things are getting resolved.. someone screwed up somewhere.

I'm hoping when things are cleared I can get the bar shipped to B-lo if he doesn't mind and I'll go over to Buffalo and pick it up myself sometime. This whole strut bar deal sorta got screwed anyways as the bars were shipped seperately... sorta defeating the purpose of saving on shipment charges.

I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and also some new ones this time and checking out all of your rides.

Hmmm... going to try and squeeze some time from now till then to wax my car :D

So far the weather is looking good for Saturday, although the weather has been unpredictable sometimes.

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Scotch,

You actually coming down from Ottawa just for the meet? Or do you also have other reasons you coming down to T.O. for?

Can't wait to see another 6-speed ;)

G

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Spiff said:
So boyz, polish up your cars !!!
I really trying to find some time between now and then to do a polish/wax job. Gotta decide whether i'm going to go out Friday night or chillax at home to baby my car... my gf should understand :rolleyes: :D

Maybe we can show the US boyz there's more than polar bears and ice hockey up here. :D
:werd:

G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.