Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was leaving my friends neighborhood yesterday when I went up a hill and did not see a stop sign. :( An airconditioning truck slammed into me. I think I passed out, because I do not remember the wreck, I remember waking up and there were people around the car. The firemen had to pry the door off. They said the airbag saved my life. i had to get stitches around my eye and on my arm from the glass that shattered. My parents are just glad that I'm fine, and want me to get another Legend because it's so safe. Luckily I had full insurance, but I'm only sixteen so I'm going to be raped on paying for it in the future. Thanks for hearing me out.

Killjoy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Free Ticket

Congratulations from that point forward you are on a "free ticket". Although it is a shame, it is just a car. You will have others and hopefully you will like the next Legend even more.
Don't worry about the ATM tickets either. You will make plenty of money in your lifetime. Now go out there and live your life to the fullest. And thanking God should be a part of that. Treasure your parents and friends too.
Live long and rock on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stereo

Does anyone think its worth pulling out the bose stereo? If so, how do I pull it out? Thanks

G

·
What kinda Legend was it because if there are little things in it that are good I, along with others may be willing to pay for them and shipping from you, depending on the condition. First off though, what Legend is it?

Now about pulling out the Bose Stereo. I don't see why you wouldn't want to if the car is totalled. I would try getting everything out of it that you can. Take off the door panels to get out the side speakers. For the rear speakers if you have a sedan just pop off the speaker grills, if you have a coupe take off the whole rear deck (just pops off starting at the bottom left hand corner, took me a bit to figure out but its actually really easy. Then if you have an Amped BOSE system (only ones that didn't were the 94 & 95 L's, actually my preferred system), the amp is behind the rear seat. Now I have never done this myself so wait for confirmation on it before you start going at it, but what you have to do in a coupe is pull a little tab I believe that is right below the seat or something like that. I've never had a chance to really analyze a sedan. Now with the Deck, you just pop off the black trim around the shifter and then you pop off the wood grain stuff, yes it just pops off. Then you will start seeing some screw probably that you have to unscrew, and the deck should just slide out. I hope that helps. Just post any questions that you have on this and I'm sure that me or somebody else should be able to answer it just fine.

We are glad to hear that you are doing ok, just be more careful next time ;)

Also, are your front headlights still in tact, and are they new looking?

L8er.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thank God that your ok, and at least your parents and were by your side when they said that you can get another Legend. Hope all works out well.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
killjoykj7 said:
Hello everyone, I was leaving my friends neighborhood yesterday when I went up a hill and did not see a stop sign. :( An airconditioning truck slammed into me. I think I passed out, because I do not remember the wreck, I remember waking up and there were people around the car. The firemen had to pry the door off. They said the airbag saved my life. i had to get stitches around my eye and on my arm from the glass that shattered. My parents are just glad that I'm fine, and want me to get another Legend because it's so safe. Luckily I had full insurance, but I'm only sixteen so I'm going to be raped on paying for it in the future. Thanks for hearing me out.

Killjoy
Hey,
glad you're alive man.

drive safely.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Good to hear you are OK. At least you were in a safe car. Some friends of mine were in a bad car crash on new years in a honda civic, and no one knows how they survived. They rolled it through a fence, and totally wrote the car off. I guess on the bright side, you are alive, and you can probably part your car out to us and recoup some cash, to pay for your new legend. Good Luck on purchasing a new one..:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About the car.......

It's a 93 Sedan L, the driver side door is totally crushed, they had to pry it off to get me out. That was where the van hit me. It then shoved me into a tree, so the front end it bent up. I got pictures, I will get them developed. I don't know if I can get the parts because the insurance company is paying me the full amount back so technically the car is theirs, but I will see if I can get stuff. If I can just tell me what you want. Thanks, Killjoy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts