Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was coming from a main street onto a small street, I was going 38MPH and started slowing down to about ~28MPH as I entered the small street. The road turned into a curving road fairly quick, and did not notice a speed bump there I braked a little as I hit it... car took it very well (good stock suspension). I noticed the TCS and "ACTIVE" light came on at the same time for about 2-3 seconds?

That's normal I hope?
Street needs better lighting.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah it's normal. We just got snow and sometimes for the hell of it I will take hit the gas at low speeds to engage the TCS. It is just kinda fun. :D (Sorry, it is my first car with TCS)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good. So it really works! That's good to know :D

What's it like when you floor it in that type of weather? Do your RPMs shoot up, or is the car just non-responsive to the pedal pressure?

·
Registered
851 Posts
The TCS will light up, you will feel the throttle being cut, the engine RPM will still be the same, didn't shoot up, because the TCS close the throttle.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
WISH I HAD TCS:(

·
LegendaryRL
346 Posts
i don't like the tcs system much, sometimes when i try to race from a stop light i forget to turn off my tcs and i get a slower start:(

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah, when it engages it will cut power. It is not that your RPM goes down, it is like there is no power to the car when you push on the accelerator.

As for racing, I always make sure my TCS is off when I go at it. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts