Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Yeah just hit him up, i'm shure he'll tell u where he got what he did.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
i dont have a tranny cooler.
but i have a cooler tranny than you.
it's a 6speed.

<-- *****mode.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my 93 six speed has one

my 93 six-speed has a trans cooler and oil cooler from the factory. i am not sure about other five speeds. there are hard mount lines in the bottom of the trans that go to rubber lines and then to the front to a cooler. check it out see for yourself.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
93TypeII: Every Legend has a stock tranny cooler located in the lower portion of your radiator.

In addition to that I installed a B&M 6"x11"x1.75" cooler. I went with B&M because they are a well known brand and the price was right with the installation kit ($55). I bought it from Summit Racing back in November. You splice it directly into the hoses 93TypeII is talking about. With the install kit they give you ~4' of hose to work with, clamps, mounting brackets, etc. to get the job done. It's a good do-it-yourself job :)

I have a few pictures of it installed in my car:

http://demandred.dyndns.org:3000/Legend/albums/album13/aac.jpg
http://demandred.dyndns.org:3000/Legend/albums/album13/aaa.jpg

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Not too sound dumb or anything but what are some advantages of running this tranny cooler you guys are talking about?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
jose3030 said:
i dont have a tranny cooler.
but i have a cooler tranny than you.
it's a 6speed.

<-- *****mode.
Bastard:D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
It comes with basic instructions for getting it into the cooling system. You have to figure out how to mount it. The kit came with these plastic tie-wrap type things with flat surfaces. I ran them through the a/c condensor, inbetween the fins and right through the screw holes of the tranny coolor. They come with small pads to pad it against the coolor so it also sits about 1/8" away from it as well. Very easy to install. I replaced my radiator at the same time so I would imagine if I did just the tranny cooler it would have been 1-2 hours of work.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
its real easy if you have the slimline cooler from B&M. take out the fin style one and youll have plenty of room.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
??

Am I suppose to add on the tranny cooler to the stock or do I replace it? Im looking at Summit Racing's Website, which model number should I get?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts