Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished putting newer tranny (150K old) and new clutch in my car... everything is great except 5th gear... if i give it some gas it is fine but if i let off it will make a buzzing type noise... I wouldn't call it a grinding but a deffinate noise of some type... only in fifth... will also do it when i'm letting the clutch out about half way (in fifth)... I really hope this isn't an indication of a screwed tranny again... if so... I give up with this car....

Help please... anyone... any suggestions..

~Mike~

· Registered
242 Posts
One problem I found on more than 2 manual tranny's, the counter shaft has gone bad and all 3 bearings and shaft needed to be replaced. I learned the hard way after I installed a used tranny. This may not be the problem but the sooner you pull it and check it the less potential damage that will happen to other parts.

· Registered
638 Posts
try double clutching and see if your grinding goes away

· Registered
4,259 Posts
LocoPico said:
Just finished putting newer tranny (150K old) and new clutch in my car... everything is great except 5th gear... if i give it some gas it is fine but if i let off it will make a buzzing type noise... I wouldn't call it a grinding but a deffinate noise of some type... only in fifth... will also do it when i'm letting the clutch out about half way (in fifth)... I really hope this isn't an indication of a screwed tranny again... if so... I give up with this car....

Help please... anyone... any suggestions..

~Mike~
I hate to say this LocoPico... but yeah, you may have a defective/bad tranny as a replacement :( sorry...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.