Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tranny's been actin up lately. i'm not even sure if it's the tranny, but normally when i floor it off the line and it shifts to 2nd and scratches, sometimes it kicks as if some mounts are broken or something. i'm not sure what it is because it doesnt happen all the time and its done that with my new tranny and old tranny. I just replaced my rear tranny mount.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
when the cars cold and warming up, the revs are high. so when you floor it from a dead stop or from a 20mph roll it will probably kick down real hard. i just replaced my rear mount as well and it still kicks. my mecanic friend said that my front mounts, although they dont look bad are probably starting to go-that can attribute to JERKS & kicking.

~Hybird

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
??? Readjust kick-down switch.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DV8,

this happens all the time even when i've been driving around all the time. It's a pretty scary feeling when the car jus jerks real hard as if the tranny jus dropped onto the ground or as if I've jus snapped all my axles. *shrugs*

zol

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
One problem with our cars is that the transmission mount is easily breakable. I've replaced mine twice and it still breaks. It's like a manufacturer defect, but acura never considered it as an official one. :( also, your motor mounts might possibly be out.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
i filled my new tranny mount w/ polyurathane its smoother but still kicks, change yor othe mounts too.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
about tranny mounts?

Is it purely a visual inspection to determine of the mount is broken?? Just wondering because sometimes while driving in my six speed, and when I have my hand on the shifter and I turn a corner, I can feel the knob move.... like the tranny has shifted and the knob has moved as well. Just wondering because my car is going to the mechanics tomorrow for some underneath work, and I might get him to check the mounts...:)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
In my 91L, it was exactly the same feeling of being kicked by a mule - until i had my engine mounts replaced!

I tell you, the car is just so much smoother now!!! Wish I had got it done sooner. The mechanic told me that my mounts were almost broken in 2 pieces.

Each mount is $150 plus labor charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts