Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Spiral descent
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am putting my 5-speed tranny back in, and I have it on a jack, and it's lined up for the most part, and the input shaft is lined up I believe, kind of hard to tell of course.

But the tranny is not going on. I've pushed it and wiggled it, and it won't go on. I've even turned the crankshaft to try to get the splines lined up.

For those of you that have replaced your clutch or done a tranny swap yourselves, any help would be great. I am kind of going crazy!

Thanks.

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
telafonic said:
Okay, I am putting my 5-speed tranny back in, and I have it on a jack, and it's lined up for the most part, and the input shaft is lined up I believe, kind of hard to tell of course.

But the tranny is not going on. I've pushed it and wiggled it, and it won't go on. I've even turned the crankshaft to try to get the splines lined up.

For those of you that have replaced your clutch or done a tranny swap yourselves, any help would be great. I am kind of going crazy!

Thanks.
Are there two people doing this? My buddy and I replaced the clutch on my old truck and it took both of us wiggling, etc to finally get the tranny back into place. Just keep trying.

Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.