Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thanks for all the help. It took me 2 months to get all the parts and 2 weekends to swap it in... (was missing a part and installed my clutch pedal wrong the first time due to really bad hangover. would have been done in 2 days). After all was done and I went test driving, I noticed the clutch fork rattle, and noticed the tranny i got has a bad 3rd gear synchro(6 mo warranty from junk yard have put in another one... ).

Anyways, I couldnt get the manual diff, so i modified the bell housing to use the auto diff. I have a couple pictures of that if somebody can post them for me.

a couple last questions.....wiring and clutch engagement height.
1. what does the neutral switch actually do? and what is its purpose? I dont have it connected right now.
-I have the reverse switch wired to pins 10/11.
-top clutch swith wired to pin 6 and the other to ground.
-for the key lock, i just connected pin 9 to pin 12.

2. my clutch engagement seems to come pretty high up, is that normal or do i just need to adjust it?

·
The Great White North
813 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

its a 5 speed.

after this whole project. i realized that i should have modified the diff. since im gettin another tranny b/c this one has a bad synchro, Im gonna modify the diff. the part where the shim sit need to be cut down 10 mm. whether its on the diff side or tranny side, for those who want to know

as for fork rattle... how hot does the throw out bearing get? if it doesnt get that hot, maybe a neoprene donut would do the trick. that would dampen the fork and keep it snug against the bearing flange

1 - 3 of 3 Posts