Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is official, I am back in effect. I got my Legend back today from the shop, and man...I was a believer before, but NOW...it's on I am ready to take darn near anything on. It's like the Tranny gave it a whole new life. So now I can make several more little Honda boys cry. Plus the big dogs too (I.E. Mercedes, BMW, etc.) Anyway like I had said over on the .Org forum, all in all I was set out just 1250 for a new tranny with labor. Plus I wasn't even put back by it, cause my company picked it up. So I am looking pretty good right now. Next I just have to just take all that money that I saved and put it toward the mods that were suggested to me in the Gallery. Well I'll cut it short but, I am definitely happy now.

I have new pics at my site so you might want to check it out again.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congratulations !! Glad you can enjoy it again !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the work done at a local shop near where I live. It's called Pro-Built. I got the tranny from Attarco though.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tranny

You got a NEW one for $1,250? I was told it was going to cost up to $2000 to have mine repaired! One day last summer it started grinding and making all kinds of racket. I didn't have the $ to get it fixed at the time, so I let it sit for about 2 1/2 months! I finally decided to drive it anyway (it drove in the lower drive gear), and figured that if the transmission was shot anyway that I would drive it until it totally died. The weird thing WAS, when I decided to drive it, it drove without any noise (other than the regular thunk between 1st and 2nd gear that is normal). Now I'm afraid to change the fluid in it because I don't want to stir something up. What do I do??!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you need to find yourself a employer like mine who will pick up the tab and get it repaired. Honestly both places that I went to had financing plans available, now they might have been an arm and a a leg. I don't know, but that's also something you could look into.

Also keep in mind, there are no NEW transmissions out there for our cars. What I have in mine is a thoroughly inspected fully functional Japanese USED transmission. The vehicle laws are much more strick in Japan than they are here. Body rust for example can make a car recycleable in Japan due to the extensive amount of condensation over there. Which means that the cars get parted out and the engines and the tranny's come to us with 35,000 miles or less on them. Now there is no garantee on how the parts were driven. But they are inspected and for the most part are in excellent shape.

Check my site for pics of my Legend

·
Registered
658 Posts
Can you remember how much it cost to ship it from Japan?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts