Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just got my legend and it has a hard "jerk" while shifting into second gear. i take it to a shop and they tell me their's something wrong with the trans internally. i take it back to the shop i bought it from and they tell me it's common for acuras/hondas this age to do that. i was just wondering if anyone else has any hard shifting problems (i think their trying to get out of replacing my trans) :wtf: but, i don't know why when i bought a warranty for the engine and trans. it has 90,000 on it and the engine runs fine. is shifts well too (just from 1st to 2nd thers a "jerk") any input would be helpfull thanks :bowdown:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you've got to be kidding me:eek2: . i've already purchased a jdm trans, expecting to get rembursed by the warranty company. is it possible that the 1st trans company that looked at it didn't theck the trans mounts? also it passed md inspection w/no problems.:mad:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I guess the question is how familiar the tranny shop is with G2 Legends. The tranny mount sits at the tail end of the tranny above the exhaust pipe and they brake really fast. If you search on the site here, there are people who have put new ones in and had them break within 30k. Hope everything works out for you with the warranty company.

P.S. it is really hard to diagnose things on the web, what we try to do is give you pointers at what to look at yourself.:thumbsup:

·
Yeah BABY!
972 Posts
When you buy a transmission you don't get the mounts with them, do you? It's most likely the rear tranny mount. Mine was in pieces when I changed it out.

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
When you buy a transmission you don't get the mounts with them, do you? It's most likely the rear tranny mount. Mine was in pieces when I changed it out.
Even if you did, he purchased a used transmission. Most likely it would have already been broke.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input. i'm gonna let the shop know so they can check out the mounts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
hey nate welcome to the forum nice car btw. eya as u read above it vold be the issue with the rear tranny mount i have yet to check this out myself as i have the similar problem. but its cool sometimes when u get a jerk complimented with a tire chirp and ppl are like wtf isnt that an auto, how do u get a 1-2 chirp??? lol

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
That 1-2 chirp....my auto does that a lot, particularly when coming out of a right or left turn and I tap the gas pedal. It's the torque and sign of a tight operating tranny.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so this is a common problem with these legends... and it's more than likely that it's the mount and not the trans and you don't think i should worry about it?

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
so this is a common problem with these legends... and it's more than likely that it's the mount and not the trans and you don't think i should worry about it?
Common problem = Yes

Worry about getting it fixed = YES.

Think about it. With the motor mount broken, and the amount of tweak you feel when a shift, what do you think that is doing to the rest of the drivetrain?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanx, are they expensive to replace?

·
Making Legends Rare.....
1,443 Posts
Fill the mount with Polyurethane, it's cheaper and will last longer than a new mount (cheaper and better, how often do those come in the same combination?).
Cheaper, yes, better? That is a matter of opinion.

Polyurethane will produce more engine vibration into the chassy/cabin area than an OEM mount.

Although it may last longer, it won't be the same ride.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Cheaper, yes, better? That is a matter of opinion.

Polyurethane will produce more engine vibration into the chassy/cabin area than an OEM mount.

Although it may last longer, it won't be the same ride.
Is that something you know from personal experience? There are different levels of Polyurethane hardness, the ride can remain the same, depending on the mount you make.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts