Acura Legend Forum banner

trans problems

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Roger 
#1 ·
hey i have a problem. i have a 92 legend and when i down shift there is a quite hard jerk, and once it just reved up as if it was in neutral, then kicked very roughly and jerked into gear. I was thinking this could be a rear trans mount problem but i am not sure? anyone no what it is or how to fix it? help!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

#2 ·
ouch...your transmission may be slipping...check your transmission fluid first and make sure it is new and the correct kind, or do a transmission flush...best thing you can do is take it to like AAMCO transmissions and have them run a diagnostic on your transmission to let you know what the condition is and if anything preventable or fixable before dealing with the inevitable and costly transmission repair or rebuild. good luck...i had to replace my transmission about six months ago but luckily i had a good mechanic who hooked me up...mine's an automatic tho, so i don't know too much bout manual transmissions

#3 ·
cobrien302 said:
hey i have a problem. i have a 92 legend and when i down shift there is a quite hard jerk, and once it just reved up as if it was in neutral, then kicked very roughly and jerked into gear. I was thinking this could be a rear trans mount problem but i am not sure? anyone no what it is or how to fix it? help!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
My car used to do exactly the same thing. I would put it in gear, and it would rev as if in neutral then kick into the gear. I took it to the dealer, and it was just a leaky seal. It was replaced, transmission fluid added, and problem solved. It cost me nothing because it was under warranty.

Ghost

#4 ·
see mine is an automatic tooo and i just got a new trans around dec so i dont know what it is i hope ghost is right bout the leaky seal, and now i have a new problem also when i hit the gas the torque converter wont cath till it revs to about 3000rpms and then jerks into gear, i am gonna take it to the mecanic soon but i wish i knew what it was for sure before i do. any ideas?

#5 ·
Trans...

I had the same sort of trouble with my '91 sedan. I was going to pass on the freeway, and when I stabbed the accellerator, the car revved to about 6 grand, but didn't take off! As soon as I took my foot off the pedal, it dropped back in gear, and I was able to drive normally...also, the down shifts are kind of jerky when I drive around town in d2. I am going to have the trans serviced, and see if that helps.

#8 ·
cobrien302 said:
see mine is an automatic tooo and i just got a new trans around dec so i dont know what it is i hope ghost is right bout the leaky seal, and now i have a new problem also when i hit the gas the torque converter wont cath till it revs to about 3000rpms and then jerks into gear, i am gonna take it to the mecanic soon but i wish i knew what it was for sure before i do. any ideas?
I have this problem i think for example when im slowing down for a red light and it turns green and some speeds it will rev for a sec and "catch" very jerky. anyone know what causes this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.