Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a mechanic who works for Goodyear and is a Honda enthusiast about changing the transmission fluid in my automatic 93 Legend Coupe. He said that Honda brand transmission fluid @ $5-6 a quart is far superior to anything that is available aftermarket and I will notice increased performance after change the transmission fluid ie: smoother shifting etc. Does anyone have any experience with using Honda fluids vs aftermarket fluids? Is what he says true and is it really worth the money to use Honda only fluids?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You can do a search on that and find a ton of posts on using Honda fluids. The most important are:
Honda Coolant, auto trans fluid, and power steering fluid
The Honda trans fluid will should give you smoother shifting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but you all know that the A-L search engine isnt the greatest. I did a search on tranny fluids and didnt really come up with anything, so thats why I asked. Appreciate the responses though.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i just flushed and filled the tranny on my 95 with OEM fluids...

i would say that it seems smoother off the line and up through the gears, certainly is smoother going into 2nd, more so, i have noticed a nice increase in response to the pedal, even the delay felt usually in automatics has leesened,....but it could also just be the peace of mind...

I give my wife $$$ to buy hair color, because she is worth it...I buy OEM fluids because it makes me feel beautiful, and i'm worth it... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.