Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 93 Legend Sedan. In reading through this website I can see that the Legend in known for rough shifting between 1 and 2 and also for eating tranny mounts. My Legend does shift hard from 1 to 2 but also at certain speeds when I go to accelerate it just seems to be dead and I have to hit the gas harder to get it to go. I have heard that a transmission will adapt to a certain type of driver and I am wondering if maybe the previous owner was just a slow driver. Is there any truth to this and if so will the tranny adapt to the way I drive eventually? My past two cars were stick because my first cars tranny went twice so needless to say I am scared of auto transmissions. I know to change the fluid every-(12,000??)- miles but what else can I do to prevent problems with the Legend tranny? Are Legend trannys known to go or do they last? Also, will Lucus oils help this tranny? My Legend currently has 85,000 miles on it. Thanks for any responce.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
My guess would be the tranny mount. I had similar issues last year and once I got the rear tranny replaced all those issues went away. I believe Acura charged me between 200-230 bucks for the whole job. That included labor.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I don't know if you should use Lucus oil. There is a tranny flush technique that is recommended for legends using Honda tranny fluid. I can't recall the steps but if you do a search of "transmission fluid change" or "tranny flush" or something like that on this site you are sure to find it. Everyone who has done it has had favorable resuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.