Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 92 legend automatic. One day on the freeway the transmission just gave out and wouldnt move the car in any gear at all (all gears acted like neutral). I bought a JDM transmission and torque converter and put them in. it worked great for a few months but recently the car has some problems shifting.

it waits till a higher RPM before shifting, and when it does shift, its slow and seems like its slipping.

I have changed the trans fluid and made sure its at the appropriate level.
anyone have any ideas about this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
My transmission do quite the same thing and it's like to be dead. What I Heard is that the TCU, or ECU i don't know, check for incoherences between speed, gear, and rpm, if to, put the tranny in safe mode, that's why you can't shift any gear. I have to stop, wait a minute and start the car again if I want to move it... Well, if you replaced your tranny and that it's broke again, it's maybe because what caused your tranny die first time killed the second one. When you change your tranny, most of transmission supliers tell that you should change water pump, radiator and a lot of heating system. You should take a look on the section 5 of this link:
EnginesUs.com: Warranty
Well, I hope your new tranny is fine but my recent reads about tranny problems just learnt to me that there's a huge bunch of things that would make your tranny acting weird :giggle:
Edit: Before doing that, here the symptoms I had:
First, my gears was sliping while shifting. Then my 2nd gear didn't work anymore, so jumping from 1 to 3, that may cause slow down and troubles to accelerates. Then it goes off everytime I use it after 5 minutes... You may check your gear and the max speed you can have with it and compare it with the values in the service manual or in the notice I don't remmeber. At least the 2 first gears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.