Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tranmission has started to act up on me and I need some help. Where exactly are the tranmission solenoids. I remember it being in another thread but it did not say where they are. Please if any one knows where they are and how to clean, please let me know. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
293 Posts
There is at least one person in this forum that knows - I've read previous discussions. Have you searched past threads? Also, order the Helm manual - will show you exactly where they are. www.helminc.com

·
Registered
308 Posts
rmntre,
Hopefully someone has a copy of the instructions Gil posted awhile ago else I'll try an answer your question.

The solenoids are located on the tranny housing towards the front of the car. If you remove your battery and intake pipes, you should see 2 sets of solenoids of 2 each ( total of 4 ) each set has 3 screw which hold them unto the tranny and a wire connection which you need to disconnect to remove.

To clean the solenoids, you need lint free paper towels, brake cleaner spray, some WD40, paper clips, battery or battery charger. Remove the rubber gasket and clean the mesh screens. I would soak these in OEM Honda ATF while you're cleaning the solenoids or at least keep them clean and dry for reinstall later ( or you can buy new gaskets). Place your lint free paper towel on a sturdy work bench ( or on the ground ). Spray brake cleaner into each solenoid ( there are 2 small orifices in each solenoid ). Holding the solenoids firmly, slam it down unto the lint free paper towel. You should see some black, brown deposit come out. Keep doing this until there is no more gunk coming out of the solenoids. Becareful not too slam too hard or you might break the internal wiring of the solenoid. Use your paper clip and battery charger to check your progress by energizing the solenoids every so often. Ground goes to the solenoid body and hot goes to one of the electrical connections. Before cleaning you may hear a faint click or no click at all. Once cleaning is complete, you should hear a load click. Once you are satisfied with the strength of the "click" and the solenoids are clean, us some WD40 instead of the brake cleaner to lubricate everything. Pop your gasket back in and you're ready to reinstall your solenoids to the tranny.

Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts