Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any company that might move my legend from florida to california for a reasonable cost? i have been quoted $800.00 door to door. it seems high, but i cannot get anyone to go lower than that. any help would be appreciated.:cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Drive it!

If the person or company you are buying the car from will put a garauntee in writing that you will make it x,000 miles, book a cheap flight and drive it back! I drove from Houston to Seattle in about 1.75 days, and it was worth it! I saved about $600 or so (sleepin in the car and all :p )

-Sh0ck3d

·
Registered
397 Posts
Last year I paid about 890 to have my baby moved from Baltimore, MD to Sacramento, CA. My car actually left a few days before me and beat me to Cali. My girl had hers moved by another company to save a FEW bucks and her car took an a$$load of time to get here. And it looked like someone drywashed the surface with a peice of sandpaper. Trust me, pay the money and make sure you get what you're paying for. I had mine done by a company right there in Ocoee, Florida. 1-800-405-3440. Tell them you had a friend refer you and maybe they'll give you a deal. Let me know how it turns out. Holla!!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
veloci said:
Does anyone know of any company that might move my legend from florida to california for a reasonable cost? i have been quoted $800.00 door to door. it seems high, but i cannot get anyone to go lower than that. any help would be appreciated.:cool:
is it 800 for shipping it on a closed truck or one of those carriers?
800 is a good price if it's shipped on a carrier but an awesome price if it's on a closed truck. i paid 1800 each way to ship my car in a closed truck from NYC to LA.
maybe nikki will know since she's shipping her car to GA from CA.

-j

·
Registered
39 Posts
veloci said:
$800 is pretty cheap from FL to CA. Could you tell us the name of the moving company?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like a good price. I was gonna get a GS shipped from around FL. It was gonna b around 800. How come ur shipping it? Did u buy it of ebay? Good luck :)

Latin.......................

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Make sure you deal directly with the shipping company. Alot of places are actually contractors that contract out the shipping job, thus increasing the price.

Back in July 99 I had to ship my Accord from CA to IL. It wasn't even broken in yet, so there was no way I was going to drive it halfway across the country. I dealt with an agency that contracted out. It took them 3 weeks to pick my car up, which was 2 weeks after promised, and then it took nearly a month to get the car to IL. Apparently after they picke dit up, the car still sat in a terminal in Los Angeles for a few weeks. Everytime you called, the agency would say, well we've contacted the shipping co, they say they'll be on their way. I was pissed. I had to bum a ride to school for that time, everyday!! And it's not easy when you don't have the same schedule as everyone else.

This time when I shipped the car back, I dealt directly with the shipping co. They were able to "book" my car onto a specific driver's truck, so everything was more set. They picked the car up within a week of the day I left, and the car got to CA in 3 days! $695. Of course the car is dirty, but you can't blame the company for crappy mud storms and rain in the Midwest.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Drive that baby back! I just flew out to Boise, ID on Tuesday to pick up my new GS....OK, so it was only a 530 mile ride, but a great chance to get to know the car. Man, smooth well above 100...

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
intercitylines quoted me $1375 to ship the accord. I asked if they would be willing to do it for $1200, and they said no without hesitation. That pretty much ended the conversation. They seem like a quality company, but I'm not shipping a Ferrari.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts