Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn. i just got some clear corners and was trying to take the factory one out, but i couldn't even budge the thing. i did take out the screw from the top but it was hard as hell to slide out. any one got suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
it is hard

what i did was losen the headlamp, do not unscrew them too much thought. that will give fair amount of space to you to pull the dam thing out. do not forget to tighten them after you done...

dam...my fingers are still hurting me...:( :( :(

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Just did mine on saturday,

Use a flat head screwdriver to pry them away from the stock headlight about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch, then let it go and slide it away from the side panel, then get your finger or a screw driver between it and the body panel, then pop it out from between the headlight and the body panel in one move
it will slide more toward the front of the car than sideways, but a little sideways helps
PS put a cloth or something between the body and the light so that it wont scratch the paint

Hope this helps
Peace
Tnelson

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
I just now finished puttin on clear corners and bumper lenses on my car, my fingers still hurt, but after seein how nice it looks, it was well worth it :)
To help you out, first make sure it's unscrewed, after that, do what's already been said and use a flat straight edge object and wrap it with a cloth to protect the body, then use it to pry the corner out. This won't pop it out, but it will loosen it from the body a bit...once u've loosened it for a while, grab from the new gap you made and pull HARD, put a lot of strength into it, but control it so that you don't end up pullin wires out of the car, or pullin the corner out and fallin on your back, lol, the main thing it to pull hard, but to be cautious as wires are attached to the corner lamps...hope that helps.
also if i may suggest, add grease or something similar to the new clear lenses in the back where the 4 or so plastic prongs attach to the body, this will keep it from gettin stuck like your stock ones did :)

G

·
Hahaha, I remember the first time that I had to do this. Yes it is very hard the first time because at the factory they push them in really hard and they lock into place. Just pry pretty hard but be careful not to hurt anything (did I just contradict myself :p). When you put yours back in though don't slam it in so that it locks, that way if you ever need to take it out again it will be easy, plus it looks the same, and the screw will hold it in just fine.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
It took me a long time to get the passenger side light out but the drivers side light came out pretty easy. You just gotta keep pulling on it and trying different things to take it out and once its out its gonna be easy to remove from there on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts