Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting the remote trunk release on a 1996 3.5 RL Premium package. It simply stopped working after years of faithful service. Should I remove the door panel first or is there some way to determine exactly where the fault lies? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I would first check to see if the solenoid in the back is getting the signal from the switch in the door.

Does your remote still pop the trunk? If so then it sounds like you just lost power/ground/ or have an open circuit in the car.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I'm unfamilliar with the RL, but earlier Legends have a valet switch for the trunk release inside the glove compartment. This switch disables the trunk release button on the door. I do believe that the RL has this too, and would check that first.

·
Registered
992 Posts
LegendGS said:
I'm unfamilliar with the RL, but earlier Legends have a valet switch for the trunk release inside the glove compartment. This switch disables the trunk release button on the door. I do believe that the RL has this too, and would check that first.
now that is a smart post! LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.